To Soundcloud or not to Soundcloud? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

True, but I feel that the possibility of having your set taken down is enough reason for me to use Mixcloud, even if I have to link other people to my actual site.

Usually anywhere between an hour/hour 1/2

one thing to mention is sound cloud is not really to blame as its the labels coming after sound cloud so it would seem mixcloud may realistically look forward to the same treatment <_<.

not that i agree with any of it cause as dj's we promote the labels music and not to mention using the "you need permission logic" XD nobody would be able to release a mix.

anyways my two cents
    Last edited by Kinetik; 04-01-2011 at 10:12 AM.
    I am no longer affiliated with Beatler/Beatport Pro.
    Gearslut, Tech Whore, Programmer, Graphic Designer, Photographer, DJ/Producer
    Current Setup: Macbook Pro 15" Core i7, Macbook 13", Xone 4D, 2x Xone 1D, 2x Korg PadKontrol, iPad2, Novation Remote Zero SL MKII, APC40, APC20, Axiom Pro 49, Novation Launch Pad, TraktorPro 2, Ableton

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Mixcloud pays a licensing fee.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Mixcloud pays a licensing fee.
    Ahh well then that's a different story ;P I guess i would have to agree then..

cant say much but i did get word there may be another solution out there in the somewhat near future

but yea i guess if your only hosting mixes then mixcloud would be your best bet.

Tech Guru

soundcloud used to be awesome, not so much anymore. but it's still worth grabbing an account.

the last mix i uploaded i just turned downloads off and included a mediafire download link in the description to avoid any legal reason for them to take my mix down. there were also some acapellas from major label artists on the mix, so i chose not to list them on the tracklist. so far no problems.

Default Soundcloud issues

My tip is have an intro that doesnt start straight into a track, i.e. make your own edit or sound effect to start your mix.

My opinion is that the record labels are using software similiar to that iPhones app that recognises the song and details artist and track.

One DJ mix I uploaded last week was rejected in the uploading process and I recieved an email that detailed the opening track as the problem. I then created an original intro to the mix and reuploaded it with no problems.
    Cheers, Maxy.
    Maxiboy

I've got soundcloud, but the downside is of course the limited length you can upload with the free account. I'm willing to pay a bit for this to be broader, but the first reasonable account type that has the amounts in dl and upload that i'm willing to pay for is the most expensive one. That's not gonna happen...
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

I think soundcloud is too expensive for mixes cause of the time thingy and i thought you couldn't download mixes from mixcloud which is an issue really (maybe that has changed)

I honestly think the best and most reasonable solution is to set up a website (wordpress is easiest) and host mixes on your own web space.

http://www.maxonemusic.com/mixes/
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    I think soundcloud is too expensive for mixes cause of the time thingy and i thought you couldn't download mixes from mixcloud which is an issue really (maybe that has changed)

I honestly think the best and most reasonable solution is to set up a website (wordpress is easiest) and host mixes on your own web space.

http://www.maxonemusic.com/mixes/
    i agree.. or use a podcast hosting service like podomatic. podomatic generate itunes friendly rss feeds too, so you can set up an itunes podcast - thats an easy way for people to stay current with your mixes.

Why not use Soundcloud? If you use it and a mix gets taken down, is it really the end of the world?

Just my opinion.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast