What is your Favorite Dj moment?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What is your Favorite Dj moment?

Don't be shy, Tell what your Favorite or most awkwardest Dj moment.
    OXYGEN 8 + Acer Netbook + Traktor + DJFRAGGIE!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The first time i changed songs and they all kept dancing like nothing happened.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The first time i changed songs and they all kept dancing like nothing happened.
    Nice one!
    OXYGEN 8 + Acer Netbook + Traktor + DJFRAGGIE!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

WORST: I was doing a gig and was told it was a 2am finish. 2 am came, i played my last song and started to pack up. Everyone just stood and stared at me... The manager ran over and said "Karl, its 2:30 finish, play some fucking music"... i was mega embarrassed.

BEST: End of year gig at a big Student Union where i was resident. Last song of the nite was The Beatles - All You Need Is Love. At the end of the song the beatles chant "she loves you yeah yeah yeah, she loves you yeah yeah yeah"... the song ends and the house lights came up and a 1000 people sang it back to me but changed it to "We Love Karl yeah yeah yeah" i had tears in my eyes. I felt very blessed that nite.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    "We Love Karl yeah yeah yeah" i had tears in my eyes. I felt very blessed that nite.
    That's pretty fucking ridiculous.

I haven't really had a super good or bad one.. Beating my opponent in a dj contest 3 judges to 0 was pretty ill.. Saving a train wreck without anyone noticing was good.. Hopefully more to come !

Tech Mentor

ejecting the wrong cdj is always embarassing
    Music is Life. Life is Evissa.

http://www.mix.dj/viral-player/0/steeshuk.html

Quote Originally Posted by StevieDee'j View Post
    ejecting the wrong cdj is always embarassing
    isnt that what the "eject lock" function was designed for haha.. pressing CUE on the wrong track is as bad as ejecting too lol...

I once worked a new years eve in 2 bars, 1st bar i worked from 8.30pm till 1pm, then the other bar i worked in was having an after party for a gig somewhere else. It was a cosy affair, about maybe 500 people in the bar when full and it was full. I had probably only been Dj'ing in and around the town centre for maybe 6 months. I knew a few of the other Dj's from the other bars but not them all. Anyway they all seemed to be here in my bar as everywhere else was shut (it was many years ago b4 late license' where about) I played till 6am and after the last song had finished i received a round of applause from everyone in there but the thing that meant the most to me was the other Dj's from around the town centre all came up to me and said "good job Paul, wicked night" sort of felt like i had been accepted as a Dj by the others
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

notable moment: when a girl flashed me a few years back.

Tech Mentor

BEST: When I managed to save the day in a high school when the original planning of the director was ruined by a sudden rain. Everyone was really upset but I managed to move all my stuff (I was there just to have a playlist playing) indoors and rocked for 2 hours 1:00 till 3:00 in the afternoon without a single drin allowed. They even let the busses waiting to take the students because everybody was having such a great time and they booked me for all the following events of the high.

WORST: When I was starting out and my laptop crashed and we run out of music for almost 2 min. the good thing was the promoter helped keep the energy up and everyone was singing to the last song before the crash. So no one really bothered.
    15.4 mbp i5, NI X-1(x2), Allen & Heath Xone-42, NI Audio 4dj , TSP 2.0.1, Stanton Uberstand.

worst: having a buddie's stanton deck exude the white smoke of doom

best: dropping jaws on canada day when people i used to work with realized i could actually spin
    VCI-100 SE Arcade - Hp Win 7 2.4 ghz 4 gig ram - Traktor Pro - Presonus Firebox

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast