Building my new hardware rig! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Multiplied by 14? How come?
    For the 14 buttons, I can just map those to other layers. Meaning, each knob function changes for what button I press. Like so:

Press button 1, mapping layer 1 is ON (Default)
    Press button 2, Mapping layer 2 is ON while Default is OFF, (Meaning ever other mapping layer is off).
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    What the fuck is this?
    Your worst nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisdjkaz View Post
    you are certainly going in the right direction.
    I tried.

Is that in the code firmware? I didn't think traktor had that many modifiers?

get 4 i pads n you are done.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Is that in the code firmware? I didn't think traktor had that many modifiers?
    8 modifiers with 8 states each.

Oh cool. To be honest I've never had a reason to play with them so I have no idea!

So I was asked to do a mock up, since mapping this seems impossible. I'm no expert at mapping either, so I couldn't say (I've mapped an X-Session Pro to Tracktor, that's it nothing like this though).

(Click for larger, it's at 4000x4000 total.)

Wasn't some guy saying on the forum today that you can't map the nocturn without the automap software? You might wana look into that and how it will work with multiple units.

Wasn't some guy saying on the forum today that you can't map the nocturn without the automap software? You might wana look into that and how it will work with multiple units.
    There's probably a way to wipe it off of there. But I haven't seen the thread though... I will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by phaserjunkie View Post
    Hai Guize,

I'm working on a new gear rig. Here's the problem though, I was thinking about buying an all-in-one like the S4, but then I realized that ALL the promoters here instantaneously assume that those who use a all-in-one are considered either sophomoric or too fresh to the DJ community. Therefore, they disregard those with those rigs. So, I thought about it and decided I wanted to build a convoluted system that's over the top, and completely unnecessary. Furthermore, I wanted to make mixing a bit more fun than the standard.

So here's what I've been looking at, so far, this is not final and this not what I expect to be the outcome.

Gear rig:
    4x Launchpad
    4x Novation Nocturne
    1x X-Session Pro
    1x Interface (to be determined, I'm looking at a few others that aren't specifically NI, but I do keep them in mind)
    /Gear rig

Before anyone says anything else, I want to inform you of the purpose of each piece. First, all four of the launchpad's will work like (in a sense) next-gen decks, meaning, they will each be assigned with different cue-points. However, no one really needs 64 cue-point buttons. That's why I have this nifty idea where instead of using a knob for roll's, you can just assign a row or whatnot for that.

As for the Nocturnes, those will take the place of FX manipulation, and EQ/Gain control as well as pitch. Basic stuff.

And the X-Session Pro will tie the rig together and act as the mixer. Totaling 10 USB cables (Yes, I will be using hubs, not sure on which one no need to link me to the thread though), and I know it will be a mapping nightmare. But what do you guys think?
    i commend your mammoth endeavour... but im curious, if the promoters you are wanting to play for aren't accepting of an all in one controller - what makes you think they are going to allow you to use 9 controllers a computer and an interface?

im telling you now it aint gonna happen!!

and how long is it going to take you to get everything ready for change over with setups and packdowns before and after djs?

just something to think about before trying to map it all!!

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    i commend your mammoth endeavour... but im curious, if the promoters you are wanting to play for aren't accepting of an all in one controller - what makes you think they are going to allow you to use 9 controllers a computer and an interface?

im telling you now it aint gonna happen!!

and how long is it going to take you to get everything ready for change over with setups and packdowns before and after djs?

just something to think about before trying to map it all!!

Lol, I've discovered that I'm going to need to cut 2 launchpads.

Setup? Custom case that shit. Easy too, there's places where you can get flight cases in almost any size, then, when it comes in the mail, cut out what you need cut.At the gig, start up your comp, while at the place, get everything plugged in and booted up. All you have to do now is move the case from one place to another and plug in the audio outs.

As for why the promoters, well, they don't take to kindly to all-in-ones because they assume their users don't know much about mixing. As for things like Launchpads, they think that you also produce, putting you at a much higher spot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast