pirated music
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: pirated music

Default pirated music

so is there a risk involved in mixing in clubs or parties with pirated music? i read a waaaaaaaay old article on here about a dj that got fined 1.4 million euros for mixing with pirated music.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzerox View Post
    so is there a risk involved in mixing in clubs or parties with pirated music? i read a waaaaaaaay old article on here about a dj that got fined 1.4 million euros for mixing with pirated music.
    yes there is, there are random inspections in the UK, AUS, and the US that i know of.. im sure there are others.

now move on to a different subject, as this talk isn't condoned around here.

EDIT: its not just clubs that get fined, its the DJ's too. you get busted - they WILL audit you... take your cd's, dvd's, computers, harddrives etc. and unless you can provide proof of ownership of the materials they will keep it all and charge you.

alright... is this a far enough topic: how would i prove ownership of a digital download via amazon or something? through email?

Tech Mentor

That actually brings up a valid question...

Just how DO you keep track of the proof of ownership for hundreds or thousands of tracks? print all the emails?

You usually get an email stating the purchase. That should be enough as proof.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

not to mention, i delete my emails. and there are several online stores i buy from that dont keep track of my purchases. i know itunes and possibly amazon do. but itunes recently deleted my entire account (no bs) "accidentally" and i lost all purchase history. it didnt effect the music i purchased but it scares me cause i dont have proof of my songs now.

and of course there are soundcloud things as well. and i have some remixes i use that i cant find to buy that i got off a cd from a friend. so if i dont have the opportunity to buy it, how can they fine me for not purchasing it? (i checked for being able to purchase for higher quality)

and i do have 15,000 songs, so if i was taken to court am i supposed to print out 15,000 emails? thats like all the amazon... the hippies would hate me.
    Last edited by ranzerox; 03-28-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Don't worry about the itunes account thing. Every iTunes track says "Purchased Audio File" when you select "Get Info." Amazon Tracks don't but I'm sure that they stay in your order history.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

thats relieving, i never noticed it saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yep. View Post
    Don't worry about the itunes account thing. Every iTunes track says "Purchased Audio File" when you select "Get Info." Amazon Tracks don't but I'm sure that they stay in your order history.

some record labels digitally watermark their free promos too, sometimes with the recipients name... and to the best of my knowledge the digital watermarks transfer if re-encoded to other/same formats and even burnt to cd (or if ripped from cd if thats how you originally received it).

Just pay for your tunes then you have no worries
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast