Computer HDD/RAM Upgrade Question

Default Computer HDD/RAM Upgrade Question

Hello DJTT Community, I'm looking into upgrading my computer from a 512GB Stock Apple Hard Drive to either a 750GB 2.5" 7200rpm HDD or a 1tb 2.5" 5200rpm HDD.

The decision is a hard one for me, because I'm already almost breaching the 1/5 free space mark, which is no good, and I'm seeing noticeable changes in how my computer is running.

The reason that I might go for the 1tb is for video and audio editing using Ableton/Final Cut Pro/Premiere Pro/Max MSP etc... Basically I'm not sure what to get. I like the WD Scorpio Series, which run with the highest end models of the black and blue models being r750gb and 1tb respectively.

Are there any other candidates that I've missed in my late night sleep deprived state that anyone wants to enlighten me of? Along with this HDD upgrade I plan on boosting my RAM from 4GB to 8GB mainly for Video Editing and to increase Traktor functionality with Ableton by reducing the frequency of the occasional freezes and crashes.

Total the upgrade should run me around $225 Shipped, which seems pretty reasonable being that I don't want to dish out the $620 that Ean spoke of in the most recent blog post just yet. Also SSD's seem like they are stable for now, but I see a lot of improvement to come in the future that would probably lend an upgrade I perform now obsolete in 3 years. Anyone's input on my HDD choices would be greatly appreciated and if anyone has any experience with these hard drives I'd love to hear your story.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

A bit of a bump here, I just ordered the 1tb 2.5 5200rpm WD Scorpio Black Series HDD and the 8GB RAM. I'll do a full update and upgrade video when I get the products here.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol