Happy Birthday DJTT!! How to celebrate? Look inside!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Happy Birthday DJTT!! How to celebrate? Look inside!

So I was checking this post when I noticed Ean's forum profile say "Join Date: Mar 2008" and I thought that maybe around that date could be the birth of DJTT. Then later at that post:

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    There's a bunch of posts with a born on date of 3-31-2008. So are we going to have a party on Thursday?
    To what some forum members gave a pretty solid "HELL YEAH!". 3 years is a pretty remarkable milestone and things keep getting bigger and better to the DJTT community. The DJTT staff has put a lot of hard work for something we enjoy a lot and the reciprocal interest and efforts of the community is what IMHO what keeps the dream alive and kicking . So with this on mind I came with a couple ideas that JesC and Tekki suggested to make a new thread so here I go.

Something cool and enjoyable can be done with some creativity, planning and almost zero dollars. Thats was the line on thought when writing the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Quenepas View Post
    Do you realize something? Upon this thread coming up and nearly in par with the DJTT anniversary a lot of the original people have showed up, even Ean showed up and I think something could be done while the soup is hot

I have a couple ideas for the 3rd year anniversary:

- Q&A session with the DJTT staff including forum admins. how it started, how you got involved, why you keep coming back for more... etc...

- A Whats in your DJ bag with the DJTT crew. Guess who might have bottles of Prell in there

- A bit of history of mods done to equipment or how you helped.

- Stories about maybe a time when you got to hangout together or play a show together, how you met each other, awkward moments together... even the story when something like this ALMOST happened. I bet there are plenty funny stories to get around and have a good time .

- How about some incentive to those who attend to this or have maybe have helped or contribute in any way? Instead of having the 'Tech Guru' on the name maybe a DJTT Aniv participant or whatever. maybe allow for bigger avatar? All that is cool and free to do.

- A banner on the main site to acknowledge 3 years on existence?

There are lots of ideas and as a great and successful community this is, a birthday party is well worth the effort.

About a week ago I went to a live online Q&A session with Shiftee that another forum member (edit: it was theory28 ) posted and it was very cool! An online chat and they choose the questions accordingly. This can be done live or even a send your questions to whatever and pre record the answers to later be posted on the main page. Ideas Ideas Ideas!:eek:
    Upon posting that some (silly) ideas came to mind:

- remix of the song "Happy Birthday to you". Maybe it's time to give the 100 year old song a remix?
    - Cake challenge. I bet there are djtt members that know or know who can do some cake with a djtt theme. We cant taste it, but we sure can see a picture of it! Winner could get the pic featured on the main page!
    - this same thread can be used as a "birthday card" where you can simply post a happy birthday with brief message with maybe a pic of a cake or a piñata... I dunno, be playful!

Pretty much what Im trying to say is giving the website a little birthday present with what I mentioned and also the website could do any of the mentioned ideas or a hybrid or something completely new! So now I ask to my fellow DJTT comrades; what do you think about it? Any other ideas?
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Sapo Verde to the DJTT forums!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

All hail to the forums!!!!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Coo! I've only missed the first 3 months
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

NO! NO!

it is NOT the 31st yet
    NO!
    NO! happy birthday yet. NO!
    Last edited by theory28; 03-29-2011 at 11:28 AM.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Settle down, Theory!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I missed it by just 1 day.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    I missed it by just 1 day.
    damn it i missed it by one month
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Seems like I'm one of the few who didn't
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

I missed the begining by a couple of years...

Birthday party sounds like a good idea.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast