Rate My Demo

Thread: Rate My Demo

Default Rate My Demo

Hey guys,

This is my first demo, and I'm wondering if I can get some feedback on it. It's relatively short, so you can listen to it while doing other things. With feedback, understand that this is my first, but also be critical when identifying things that a newer DJ might not notice.

This link now works:
    http://www.soundcloud.com/victoryris...ive-house-demo

Thanks Guys
    Last edited by victoryrisen; 03-30-2011 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Link Malfunction

The link is not working so

What he said.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

The link is now working. Although the SoundCloud player isn't working even though the track is perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mddombrowski View Post
    What exactly are you saying?
    That this doesn't qualify as a demo due to Wikipedia's definition?

yea, something like that.

however, you've put together a good mix. you definitely understand time and how mixing works in that regard. your goal for your next mix should be to explore some more advanced transitions, rather than just one song's end into the next song's beginning. you can do some pretty cool stuff with only looping. i'd also suggest that you look into harmonic mixing (note @12:30):

http://www.track-finder.com/

when mixing harmonically, you can mix two different songs' melodies (or what have you) together and it'll sound like they go together (i.e. like they're in key). it's actually my latest venture, to make a keyed prog-house mix.

nice work though, friend. one minor suggestion about Soundcloud too--leave a comment right in the mix with track IDs where new songs come in (e.g. see how i've labeled this mix).

Quote Originally Posted by mddombrowski View Post
    yea, something like that.
    Well, next time, I'll label it as a "mix"; thank you for helping me clarify that.

Also, thank you for giving some actual feedback, it's very much appreciated. I understand you're concept of mixing by key (I can't remember how you phrased it), and also going into different ways of mixing instead of very simply pressing play. So, thanks again.