Traktor pro 2 routed to ableton - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Hrtbrkd I'm having some issues with the set up I followed ur video exactly just wonderin if you'd be able to help at all. First off when I enable Jack Audio it plays through the left speaker way more than the right one and also has some bass coming out of the left speaker as well instead of the sub woofer. The only way I've found to somewhat correct this is to on ableton, pan it all the way to the right and even still the overall sound quality is horrible. I switched over to the soundcard in my Numark Mixtrack Pro and it sounded perfect so it has something to do with the Jack Audio I'm guessing. Also is there any way to mix internally in traktor and just use Ableton for some extra effects and adding sample loops, sweeps, and what not? Needless to say thanks for the videos I would have never even gotten this far without em.

Tech Wizard

awesome thanks for the input I'll check that out and let ya know how that works

Tech Mentor

Did you happen to map out the patches correctly? Sounds like the same issue I had when I patched them wrong.

If sound is coming from one side of the speaker only it's cause you only patched one cabel which will give you mono.

If you did everything correctly, then we can look at the patching from Ableton to System Outputs. In essence patching is virtual but still look at it if it where a physical patch.

Traktor Output Vitual Cables Patch into Ableton Input Slots,
    Abletons Output Virtual Cables Patch into System Input Slots.

Try to start from scratch and patch only one Deck first, Cause when you get to the point where Ableton Patches to system there could be an issue there, Another place the issue could reside is if you are causing a Audio loop, If you create a Youtube Video on how you doing it I can maybe see what could be the issue.

Tech Mentor

Just re-read your post, Jack Audio works only for ASIO capable cards, which is why your external works good, YOu can download ASIO4ALL and use your computer/laptop card. I will warn you now it takes way more setting up using ASIO4ALL and VACs. That was the first method I attempted to try and use. I failed misserably >.<

Thanks for the help on PC, is there anyway to trick it into thinking I have more audio outs?

Tech Mentor

@CloudyKnucks and @Kev Yes thier is a trick to get more audio outs, you will need to go to the .inf file in jackaudio and change audio in/out from 4 to 8/10 depending on your soundcard MAX in/outs. This is a known bug in the windows version that using the GUI does not update the jackadio server to create the extra channels.

Sorry on the late reply. I have been busy researching this bug and finding a fix for it. Believe me once I made the video I also noticed this and since then been sctaching my head till about last week.

??
    Quote Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
    Like others have said, will it record the actions of the cross faders so that I can record a live mix into ableton and it will record the fader actions? or would I need to also map the corresponding faders ie the physical crossfader on my midi controller to both traktor and ableton?

Tech Convert

Jack for Windows is a completely different story. Headache city.

Tech Mentor

Depending how you do your Audio Routing it will record the actions either outputing from Ableton, Traktor, or Aidio Card enabled Mixer.

To "emulate" something like Serato The bridge, You need to map your controller on both software. AND use a virtual midi cable (MIDI-YOKE) to allow your controller to be used in 2 (or more) software.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast