Xone 4D and Traktor Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xone 4D and Traktor Pro

Hi all,

Long time reader of this brilliant website (thanks Ean), but sadly first time poster. As i have started to get into digital djing this website has easily been the most content and knowledge rich site available, and these forums are a very warm and friendly and just plain helpful. sorry about the rant, back to the post.

I have been using Virtual DJ with a BCD3000 on a MacBook Pro 17" and have never had a problem with it, but am looking to upgrade to something more professional. After much much research i have decided to upgrade to Traktor Pro (mainly for the ability to use 4 decks) and a Xone 4D as my controller. I was just wondering if any of you have had and experience using these 2 combined and any pro's and cons for this set up.

The other option ofcoures is getting a Xone 92 and two 1D controllers. any advice on this would be helpful too.

Or... if my finances allow it a Xone 4D and two 1D's for complete control of 4 decks.

sorry to make u read all that. but any help would be greatly appreciated

Tech Mentor

hey welcome to the forum

unfortunally i havent try the xone 4d but one thing i can tell you you dont need 1 xone 4d and 2 1d to have all controls of 4 decks you can have 4 decks with only one 4d

my friend he owns a xone 3d and he have control of 4 decks with traktor 3

you just have to sit and play with the mappings

Both options are a possibility.

I have seen a few DJs using it in their home setup.
    But using 2 extra 1Ds? To me that would be overkill.

I am beginning to get more and more fascinated by the 4d, though I still think it's way and way overpriced.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

It's really not necessary to use 2extra 1D's, like Tekki said, that would be overkill!
    Go and spend that money on something else!!

The 4D is a controller that is also on top of my wishlist. I've seen Richie Hawtin using 2 1D's and the xone 92, thats a very interesting setup too, but I don't really get the difference between his setup and the 4D.
    Let the beat control your body...

u definitely need to see this vid! Richie Hawtin explains in general how he use his Traktor with 4 decks on Xone3D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1H9W_iLff0
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Well, is the 4D with 3 EQ-rotaries or with 4?

Don't know actually.

From what I've heared, the Xone:92 is an amazing mixer, which yet has to be topped by any other regular mixer.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Im also thinking about getting a xone 3D or 4D altough i first need to save some money

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Well, is the 4D with 3 EQ-rotaries or with 4?

Don't know actually.

From what I've heared, the Xone:92 is an amazing mixer, which yet has to be topped by any other regular mixer.
    4D is with 4 EQ-rotaries
    And the Xone:92 is indeed an amazing mixer, I've used it a couple of times and its the best I've ever used. If only I had the money...
    Let the beat control your body...

the only reason i was thinking the extra 1D's was to have more buttons faders etc. which therefore would create more possabilitys with mapping and performance. i was thinking dedicated knobs for FX and dedicated buttons (the A-Z buttons) to control que points

the 4D has only 3 EQ knobs - thus the idea to go with the 92
    and also for transportation as the 4D is not a small item

A 92 with 2 1Ds is bigger than one 4D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast