Xone 4D and Traktor Pro - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

but you can pull them apart

on a side note what is your opinion on Virtual DJ

Tech Wizard

4d only has 3 eq's 92 has 4. the 92 also has the two extra aux channels, which mean the 92 and 2 1d's is quite a bit larger than a 4d.

with the 92/1d combo you'd still need a soundcard (audio 8) which means extra cables. You could take 1 or 2 1d's with the soundcard and plug into any house mixer.
    you could do the same with a 4d if you just ran the booth out into a channel on the house mixer, and 1 usb cable you'd be set, but you'd still have to find table space for the 4d.
    be careful buying a 4d now - there are major issues with the soundcard that A&H are not being very forthcoming with updates. Also the build quality on mine at least is nowhere near the standards expected from A&H.

yea that is true

is the audio 8 the only soundcard that will work? i have a M-Audio Firewire 410.

But the 4 eq's would come in handy.
    and if anything were to break i wouldnt loose my whole setup

When using Traktor Scratch, you'll need an Audio8 or a Traktor Certified audio interface.

In case of controller use only, any good soundcard will do.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

oh ok thats good then. i dont think ill be using traktor scratch. mainly because im more of a club DJ and dont scratch lol.

but i was looking at the Stanton SCS 1D & 1M, but cant seem to find a review on it

idd 3EQ rotaries...
    my bad!
    Let the beat control your body...

Tech Wizard

Hi Silver Fox

I say go to it :-)

A MacBook Pro 17 running Traktor Pro with a Xone 4D is my set up and it's going v well for me so far (got the kit end of Nov).

However asides from some pootling about a few years ago on VDJ with a Hercules mk1 (didn't get on with it so gave it to a mate who made much better use of it) this is my first serious dijital set up so I can't really advise you whether there's other kit that would be better than worse - I have to admit it was love at first sight :-)

The planets aligned for me - a mixing programme that blew me away, a controller and mixer that screamed the future and a brilliant website here with a great community - all these things finally managed to prise me away from the 1210s and an unhealthy obsession for vinyl purchased between 90 - 98 :-)

Having spent some time surfing around a few of the problems reported seemed to focus on an early hardware issue that seems to be known and a fix available and driver compatability (but that hasn't affected me - not sure if it's because I'm still on 10.4 OS). Traktor Pro maturity issues are a common them but again I've been lucky (so far!).

One thing you mention - Portability - I've popped mine into a flight case and I'm able to carry it about so don't envisage major issues. A small trolley won't hurt mobility either.

Best of luck! Happy to do my best to answer any specifics (please beware I'm new and slowly getting into things but I will do my best to help where I can :-))

Best regards

daveq

hey daveq

thanks for the advice,

Thats what i am thinking too. with that set up there isn't much further to go equipment wise and with the trusted names of Apple, Allen & Heath and Native Instruments you cant go wrong. I just like the possibilities (mapping wise) with the 4D because there is just so many buttons, faders and knobs.

What mapping are you using? just the standard?

I hope its because you are using 10.4 OS as im running the same lol. i purchased leopard but couldn't use it until pro tools was working on 10.5. but after hearing a few problems with audio/midi software having problems with it i decided to stick with 10.4. i might put 10.5 on my other MBP 15"

Where did you get your flight case?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12