(BROSTEP) looking for structure feedback
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default (BROSTEP) looking for structure feedback

im asking myself how is the structure. my ears are tired of hearing and my judgement goes crappy. do those wobbles have nice pattern? the song evolving nice??. feedback needed

A Random Audiophile
    Insta:dotmoiny

Alright, I've spent a decent amount of time thinking about this, so I hopefully you get something out of this.

You're looking for feedback about structure, so... Several times throughout the track, the current pattern seems to end one measure too early. Also, I wasn't a big fan of your transitions between parts. Try switching it up, don't just use a measure consisting of one kick and one snare.

Also, the part that starts at about 1:34... your build-up sounds decent, but the end up your build up is a little awkward.

Your song doesn't seem to really go anywhere. There's not really any obvious beginning, middle, and end. You seem to have several build-ups through out the track, but never really a climax of sound.

On a side note, you EQing was a bit harsh. Your hats seem especially distorted and I really hated how distorted your snare seemed at times. Even though I didn't look at your track through an analyzer, I'm not really hearing a lot of midrange sounds during a lot of parts. The part starting at about 2:05 sounded the fullest.

That being said, this isn't horrible. Your LFO automation was good, and the fact that you had obvious different parts made your track more enjoyable. At no time did it seem overly repetitive. Your cutoff sweeps sounded good.

Keep practicing bro, you'll learn.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Tech Mentor

Still baffles my mind that "brostep" is a genre.

/endshowingmyageandofferingnothinghere.

@Lambox

Thanks for your ears. its very helpful. for midrange, all my wobbles are pulged in a return track that own a mid range focus -_- i dont really understand this feeling you have. Mixing and mastering is very hard. Thanks again

@bucky

I know clichés about brostep. I even agree with most part of them but I do not need that kind of comment. keep it for yourself.
    A Random Audiophile

For instance around 1:50, it just sounds like straight treble and low end. I guess really want I meant to say is that your mix has too much treble (in my opinion). At times it was almost hurting my ears (granted I had my headphones turned up).

Like I said before, it's not that I'm hearing no midrange, it's that at times your sound is a bit hollow.

Again, just my opinion. I'm no professional. Have fun man and good luck. I look forward to hearing more from you in the future!
    LamboxMusic.com

Ah okay, i see what you mean now. Thanks man its was helpful. I'll try to take more my time in the future instread of make one track in 2 days.
    A Random Audiophile

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteApple View Post
    Ah okay, i see what you mean now. Thanks man its was helpful. I'll try to take more my time in the future instread of make one track in 2 days.
    Anytime bro...

Hey, I've put the bulk of a track together in just a few hours. It's the painstaking attention to details that takes the most time in my opinion!
    LamboxMusic.com

''It's the painstaking attention to details that takes the most time in my opinion!''
    I agree. also finding the good sounds.
    A Random Audiophile

hey I like what your going for. I enjoyed how it seemed like you made it a point to change up your wobbles. IMHO personally I think it could use a little more melody like... around the wobbles... like it seems like with brostep the wobble is the focus which is cool, but I think if you added some melody apart from your wobbles it would make it sound a little more fluid. And like lambox said, I think the eq could use some more tweaking. I know this is a week old but I figured I throw in my two cents seeing as I listened to the track. Hope to hear more from ya. :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast