Using a Mic with VCI-100 and Audio Kontrol 1

Default Using a Mic with VCI-100 and Audio Kontrol 1

Alright folks

I was struggling to work out how to get my mic to play through my Audio Kontrol 1 soundcard while i was playing with traktor pro. Sometimes I work with MCs and normally, the people i play parties for just bring some mackie active monitors and i used to bring my pioneer 600 mixer and decks with serato.

Now i'm using traktor with a vci 100 and Audio Kontrol 1 soundcard and i didn't really want to bring my 600 just for a mic input as i can plug the mackies straight into the soundcard.

This is maybe really obvious but i realised if i fired up Logic at the same time as traktor and record enabled an audio track i could just plug my mic into my soundcard and hey presto - my mic came through.

You can also add effects etc to the track (echo, reverb) and set the tempo to roughly match the tempo for traktor (gutted you can't slave it)

Still i thought it was a nice tip. I don't use ableton but maybe it would work with that too, or even audacity although i'm not sure.

peace out

Mx1
    Last edited by MaxOne; 01-14-2009 at 05:51 AM. Reason: have another point to make

Oh, i haven't actually tried this playing out though. Was wondering if anyone thought that might be sketchy? Seems pretty solid but just wanted to check!
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.