Keeping cue points when updating to TP2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Keeping cue points when updating to TP2

I'm about to update, one question though - a friend of mine said that when he installed the update he lost all his cue points.....Is this true and how is it possible to leave them all in place?

Thanks guys!

Tech Wizard

I am also very curious.

I had this problem with Traktor Pro 1 and S4 software.

Locking the cue points in traktor pro meant they where still there (locked) in S4 but locking cue points in S4 meant they where lost when opened in traktor pro.

It was a very bizarre scenario so now I use traktor pro 1 as the master cue point assembly software if you like.

I would love confirmation of the best method by someone who is more enlightened.

Thanks alot

Twenty First Century Jukebox

DIGITAL HEART - VINYL SOUL

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Cues are stored within the mp3 tags. Anyway, if you import the collection there shouln't be any loss

cues all fine here.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Guys,

Here is the "fine print" from NI's email explaining the installation. I haven't tried it myself yet, so I don't know if it works as expected, but there is surely a way to keep your library with all cue points, beatgrids, etc.

*Notes on installation and configuration:

• TRAKTOR PRO 2 installs in a separate location of your choice and does not interfere with your existing TRAKTOR PRO S4 installation or older generations of TRAKTOR on the same computer.
    • How to import your music library: On initial start of the newest generation software, you will be presented with a dialog offering to create a copy of your existing TRAKTOR collection – this is the recommended way as it allows you to transfer all your playlists, folders, cue points, beatgrids and other meta data over automatically. Please note that this will not duplicate any of your music files, just the references to those files in the TRAKTOR collection.
    • For a smooth transition to the newest generation software, you can at any point run your old TRAKTOR version and it will work just like before the generation 2 software installation.
    • On first start up of TRAKTOR PRO 2, select the S4 as your controller. This will auto-configure the S4 for use with the new TRAKTOR software.
    • If you have created individual controller assignments for the S4 controller, easily import these to TRAKTOR PRO 2 after exporting them in your older TRAKTOR software. Please see the FAQs for more info...
    • Please activate the TRAKTOR PRO 2 update with the new serial number you receive after downloading from the NI Online Shop.

** E-Voucher Terms & Conditions:

1. The e-voucher is valid for the TRAKTOR PRO 2 Download Version only.
    2. The e-voucher is personalized and only for use by the appointed addressee/user. It is not transferable and cannot be sold.
    3. The e-voucher expires if not redeemed within three months after receipt.
    4. The e-voucher may not be redeemed for cash.
    2 + 2 = 4

cue points are stored in the mp3/wav file. Even if you didn't import your collection but just one track you would have the cues for it.

Seriously don't worry about it.

The only change I found between TPro & TS4 is that you no longer have to set the 1st hotcue as the first beat in the beat grid. Freeing up the first hot cue.

Which I just set to the beginning of the track usually anyways but not always.

/edit

Ok disregard, cue points are the same. I guess only the TS4 is different
    Last edited by Paka Ono; 03-30-2011 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks for the info....I thought as much to be honest but just wanted to check, re-cueing thousands of tracks is not top of my wish list lol!

Great info too popoff, that was very interesting, thanks.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    cue points are stored in the mp3/wav file.
    Quick point of information, I believe that WAV files don't contain their own hotcues as their metadata capacity is limited, the cues and bpms etc are stored in Traktor's .nml library file. What impact that has on changing over I don't know.

I've found some tracks have moved the first grid marker on analysis, but left the rest of the cues as they were which is quite annoying. I spent most of yesterday afternoon going through all my dubstep, regridding and organising (which I needed to do anyway).
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Quick point of information, I believe that WAV files don't contain their own hotcues as their metadata capacity is limited, the cues and bpms etc are stored in Traktor's .nml library file. What impact that has on changing over I don't know.

I've found some tracks have moved the first grid marker on analysis, but left the rest of the cues as they were which is quite annoying. I spent most of yesterday afternoon going through all my dubstep, regridding and organising (which I needed to do anyway).

I had the same problem where some of my beat grids have shifted but it will give me a chance to go through my collection and sort out all of my cue points

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast