nube
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nube

Tech Convert

Default nube

hi im new in the dj scene i think this site is amazin and would like to buy everything.. i was just wondering if anyone could give me any tips on what equipment i would need and general tips on dj-ing...

thanks

Welcome to DJTT forums!

I think you need to do alot of research to narrow down your questions
    For example:
    Equipment and/or software will depend on your budget. Also do you want to use turntables, cdj's, or midi controller, or combination of equipment.

Only you know your budget, goals, wants, etc. But when you narrow things down a bit by searching this forum, the blog, the net, etc. And need some answers, fire away. Also, if you have a music store like guitar center near, you can check out some of the options in person.

To start, if you are not going the 2 turn tables/cdj's and a mixer route. Then you will need software, a controller, a sound card(external and made for djing), headphones, and speakers. Of course a laptop/computer.

Once you figure out what you will use, the learning can begin.

There is some free software called Mixx you could start with and just use your mouse and keyboard if you have no $.

Hope I helped a little

Tech Convert

firstly thanks..hi (again) i have been saving up all year for this so i have a reasonable budget and was thinking of starting off with a midi controller, possible cdj's later on. i have the native instrument audio 2 dj soundcard and a few bits of software downloaded free of native instruments. i have a free version of traktor but it is limited to what it can do.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordonq View Post
    firstly thanks..hi (again) i have been saving up all year for this so i have a reasonable budget and was thinking of starting off with a midi controller, possible cdj's later on. i have the native instrument audio 2 dj soundcard and a few bits of software downloaded free of native instruments. i have a free version of traktor but it is limited to what it can do.

thanks
    How much is that budget?
    For starting audio 2 and traktor le is perfect.
    That is a guide for buying the correct midi console, from low to' high budget, review for every controller.
    Take a look!!
    (but i'll always tell you, go with vci 100)
    http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2010/11...rs-guide-2011/
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

Tech Convert

my budjet is around €800 or $1130 approx (ive been saving up a while) i have always wanted the kontrol s4 but i wasnt sure if it would be a good start. i also think the kntrol x1 is key! do you think thats sensible.. the midi fighters are also great.. i need help :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by gordonq View Post
    my budjet is around €800 or $1130 approx (ive been saving up a while) i have always wanted the kontrol s4 but i wasnt sure if it would be a good start. i also think the kntrol x1 is key! do you think thats sensible.. the midi fighters are also great.. i need help :eek:
    If i was you and had the money like you do id buy the s4 and get into it knee deep no point in buying something now and then buying the s4 in 6 months or so.

However don't forget to get a set of decent monitors and headphones (imo headphone quality make a huge difference in hearing the full rang of a song)

Id suggest these> http://www.htfr.com/p/309743/akg_k51...nes_lambo_blue

Havent used them personally but have heard outstanding reviews of them
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Tech Convert

thanks, ive got a nice pair of sennheiser hd 25 ii's.. if i get the s4 is there much point in getting the x1?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

This is a much more complicated question than answering with the S4. Granted, it's an awesome piece of kit, no question.

The S4 is a large investment, and it might make sense to just get the different softwares as a demo and see what is right for you.

Do you have any background in mixing at all? Have you spun on CDs/vinyl or with other people's software? Do you want to do just track to track mixing all internally? Do you want to use outside equipment later?

I'm the difficult one on the boards with this.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

yea ive been working for years in the av aspect of things.. setting up the gear messing with the cdjs and all.. not so comfortable with vinyl but im not loooking to go down that road.. ive always wanted to go into the djing side of things so here i am

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldunne109 View Post
    Id suggest these> http://www.htfr.com/p/309743/akg_k51...nes_lambo_blue

Havent used them personally but have heard outstanding reviews of them
    I can personally recommend these headphones, best £50 ive ever spent on DJing.

The s4 is a good investment if you think that your going to use all the features on it, myself? i go out with an audio2 soundcard and an x1, plug it into the clubs mixer and away i go.
    The s4 is a very nice bit of kit and ive heard nothing but positive reviews from it owners, but isnt the most portable thing in the world and quite hard to fit into a booth.
    The x1 however, with the case you can easilly fit it inbetween a cdj and the mixer and the a2 you can just dump anywhere
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast