What Apple laptop for TP2? Your opinion/suggestion
    Tech Student

Default What Apple laptop for TP2? Your opinion/suggestion

Hi everybody out there,

What Apple laptop would you suggest to buy and to use with Traktor Pro 2?

How important is the screen size considering I'm thinking of buying an S4 controller to use with it?

Please note I never used traktor before so I have no idea about performances.

:noob:

Thank you in advance for your opinion.

Cheers

any macbook pro will do fine. Any mac for that matter, except for the 11 inch Air

Tech Student

Hi Garygary1,

thank you for your quick reply, really appreciate it

I'd go at least 15" for the screen real estate. I've got a 13" and it kills me that I can have everything on the screen that I want.
    ------------------
    DJ Twisted Panda
    http://twistedpanda.com @jeremysexton
    Gear: Kontrol S4, Kontrol F1, MidiFighter, iPad running Lemur

Deeka, if you search the forums sir 85% of your questions will be answered. Any new MacBook Pro will do. I DJ'd on a 13' as well, and it was fine. Performance on all 2010+ MacBook Pros will run it fine.

Tech Student

@TwistedPanda thank you for that, I'll keep it in mind.

@Coldfuzion my apologies for not searching before posting. I wrongly assumed it was such a noob question nobody else but me would ask it
    Thank you for your reply too

Cheers

You know, honestly I'm fairly interested in this as well. I've been sitting back recently because I still haven't had funding for stuff, but will be buying a laptop soon. (Mainly for school, since I'm going back to school and commuting evenings).

With all this hub-bub about the new i5 and i7 processors, would it be better worth it to buy a refurb job that still has the core 2 in it?

I'd like a 15" monitor, but the 13" monitor is much more affordable. But looking at the refurbished prices, I could go either way.

What it comes down to is compatibility. What should I (/we) be looking for? Or looking out for, for that matter.

I do realize there are a lot of posts. But in the vibe of the OP's original post, looking for suggestions. Not just information about what issues certain computers have.

(As a note, I won't buy a PC laptop again. I've had multiple bad experiences, and hoping the Mac will change that. I build my own desktops, and know my way around windows. But for something reliable and "plug and play" I just want a mac laptop).
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter