[BETA] Traktor Pro / Remote SL 25 . 4 Decks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [BETA] Traktor Pro / Remote SL 25 . 4 Decks

Hi there,

Been working hard on this one, and it is not 100% finalized for MY kind of setup, but I thought I might share it with people. Let me do some explaining:

Advanced Effects Section

The above is the Advanced Effects section. (You can switch from chained to advanced, but ill explain that later)

You have 2 sections, FX1 and FX2. As you can see, both of the sections have the same layout as in Traktor Pro.

Chained Effects Section

As you can see above, that is the Chained Effects assignments. The last button of each side has the option to switch from Advanced Effects to Chained Effects. The layout is the same as in Traktor. Dry/Wet Param1/2/3 and the buttons Switch on/off the effect.

This is a full screenshot of the right side of the, I do not think that it needs a lot of explaining, the names speak for themselves.

I have left a COUPLE of buttons unused, cause I wont be using more than that for now, and it also leaves some space for the creative mind. Should you make an update or changes to this Template, then please let me know

The tsi and syx files are attached to this post!

Hope it gets to use/inspires!

Nemo

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

you spin with turntables and mixer, right nemo?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

yes and no, this is focused on no turntables but WITH mixer, as you can see there is no mappings for bass, mid and highs

I am thinking about making one instead with those, but then you would lose one of the effects sections... Which makes you have to chose if you want to have chained effects or not.

All depends, if 1 knob CAN have TWO cc values, because then it is easy, the upper row could be effects, you switch from chained to advanced on one of the free buttons.

Another idea, is to work with track focus for the effects or something, but that limits you to controlling effects on only ONE deck at the time, which is also not really an option.

Ideas are really welcome mate!

Nemo

I put all my effect on one row. What I did was assigned the buttons for fast forward and rewind to change the effects platters. You don't need to assign the buttons with different values. If the Chained Effects are on the buttons and knobs don't control both boxes, just the Chained, and same for the advanced.

I used a lot of complex modifier controls for my EQ and deck assignments to not need an external mixer. I think Track Focus is a lot more efficient in TPro than T3, honestly, and wouldn't feel as bad using it, but I need to be able to control at least two decks at once. That'll change eventually, but now that I'm implementing Bomes things get a lot more fun.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I would like to see your setup, did you post it here?

I haven't. I acme really close to finishing it with both the Remote and the MIDIFighter, but then I started having issues with Monome Serial in Vista 64, and now I've consolidated with Bomes. I can post the almost finished .TSI from my original set up with the Remote 25 and the MIDIFighter when I get home, and I'll put up a description of what everything does. :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I haven't. I acme really close to finishing it with both the Remote and the MIDIFighter, but then I started having issues with Monome Serial in Vista 64, and now I've consolidated with Bomes. I can post the almost finished .TSI from my original set up with the Remote 25 and the MIDIFighter when I get home, and I'll put up a description of what everything does. :-)
    Ok, and this night, I will put some work into another updated version of this

It took me a long time to code all the modifiers, though. But I have it set so ou can get to any deck FROM any deck...

it's weird, you'll have to see it :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I really am bad at modifiers, so I would LOVE to see it

Here ya go

http://www.zshare.net/download/54152971ef403cee/

It's the Remote set up and the Traktor TSI.

There's a lot of stuff for the Midifighter, all on channel 6. Everything on Channel 1 is the Remote, so you know. The way it works is...

The keys are set up into four sections. First five keys are search and load depending on the modifier.

The 7 keys (F-B) on both octaves control decks (Play; Cue Pause; Cue Play; temp Cue; FX Unit 1 on; Sync; FX Unit 2 on by semitone)

The next five keys are crossfader (Left, fade left, middle, fade right, right by semitone).

The 8 buttons above the rotaries control which deck the related side of the keyboard controls. The buttons set Decks A-D twice. So the left side designaates which decks the left 7 keys control and the same for the right. You need to select a deck when it loads, and can go to any deck from any deck.

The 8 rotaries are broken into two sections of four, controlling the related half's EQs (first 4 control the deck the left side is assigned to).

The 8 knobs control the FX units, the buttons control the corresponding buttons.

The velocity pads control small beat jumps based on focus (The 8 buttons that designate the decks being controlled select focus).

The rewind key changes FX Unit 1 between advanced and chained, and fast forward does the same.

The first four faders control volume for decks A-D, the 5th fader does nothing, the last three control volume, cue volume and cue mix.

The first four buttons under the faders activate the Filter for the deck, and the first button of the second row changes the faders to control filters (which I should have set to each button, but would have been a bunch of modifiers I didn't have available). The other buttons on that second row (other than the last two) control modifier chhanges for the MIDIFighter that doesn't apply to you.

:-)

Enjoy!
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast