apple RAM upgrade
    Tech Wizard

Default apple RAM upgrade

just a helpful hint as i know quite a few people have upgraded/will upgrade their pre-nov 2007 core 2 macbooks to increase the RAM - have just discovered you can in fact install 3 gb of RAM (not the 2 gb apple tells you it can take) so a bit more processing power to iron out those pops and clicks....

Does this account for Macbook Pro's as well? As apple say that mine can only take a 2gb upgrade which has been already done.

Mine is one of the first editions (i think!?!?!) mbp 17" 2.16ghz, 100gb 7200 rpm HDD... Let me know if you know of this model being able to take the 3gb upgrade as i would be VERY VERY interested in doing this.

Cheers

stick with 2gb ddr ram, yeah 3 gigs sound better but two 1gb of DDR are work better.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

dont know about that but somewhere i read in total you could have 6gb of ram
    but it cost around 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by f0tif0 View Post
    dont know about that but somewhere i read in total you could have 6gb of ram
    but it cost around 300 $
    You can't just upgrade mem to whatever you want. It depends on which model you've got.
    For exemple, with the new white one (mine) you can up to 4 Gb (no more). You can always put more memory but the hardware will only detect a 4 Gb amount of mem.

But if you can upgrade, do it!
    Even from 2 to 4 Gb, there is a significant difference on everydays tasks and everything go faster.
    DJ rig : MacBookPro 13"/2.26 (10.6.4) + Echo Audiofire 2 + VCI-100 SE (3.5.1 tsi) + Traktor Pro (1.2.6)
    If you want to know more about my music : www.myspace.com/ooneymusic

Tech Mentor

I have to agree with jesc. Running ram in pairs according to apple is theorically faster handling of processes. Now if u want to go beyond the allowed amount of ram your computer is able to handle you can try it. You can google the keywords and u can find users trying it. It's better to just max out the recommended amount and just run TPRO
    Thank Ya!!!