TP2 Regridding my entire collection, Help! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

im just gridding a few of my tracks now on tsp2, and once ive done them and i lock it down, the little picture of the padlock is not coming up next to the number in my browser, anyone else noticed this when you have gridded songs in tsp2?
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Quoting my self from another thread...

Quote Originally Posted by exokinetic View Post
    From all my RELIGIOUS beat-gridding of my DnB, and having them locked, and analyzing them now in TSP2...

I sincerely think that the "resolution" of the adjustment you had over the "grid line" in TSP1 was not "fine" enough to set the beat grid exactly.

I say this, because in TSP1, even after RELIGIOUS beat-gridding of tracks that DID NOT drift, even using the tick, to beat match the "grid line" to the particular transient I was using, I found that sometimes when I put one track that was just slightly off, ahead of the transient, into another track, that was just slightly off, behind the transient, if I sync locked them, it sounded VERY SLIGHTLY off.

It is a very faint difference, but when I take off sync lock, and nudge either of the tracks the faintest amount back to where the theoretical "phase center" should be, it sounded MUCH more harmonious, like it was *cough* perfectly beat matched.

SO, that being said, when you zoom in 10x farther than you could in TSP1, in TSP2, you can "see" how far off the TSP1 grid line actually was, and adjust it to an even "finer" resolution.

I really love it, I have a feeling after I go back through all my DnB, and set the beat-grids to a scientific degree of accuracy, that any two sync locked tracks (when all other things are perfect, key, phase, measure, general "feel") are going to be "perfectly" beat matched.

And thats my 2 cents.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

I so agree, the new TruWave stuff is truly awesome!!
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Agreed.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

can i ask the simple question then of "do i need to re-analayse all of my tracks now?" in tsp2? am i just best to set it going in the morning early on and let it run all day to do the 11,000 tracks i have in there lol..
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

imo it's best to do it when you'll be around every hour or so so you can save collection as it's doing it's thing. Would suck to be 90% done and something happens.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

very true, can u just right click and "save collection" even tho its still analysing?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah you can. Do it a lot and occasionally shut Traktor down and restart to make sure the analysis is not lost.

I once lost 12 hours of analysis. Lesson learned.

would it be best to maybe just do say one playlist at a time then and save after doing each one? sounds like a plan that to me, and the bigger playlists save maybe 2 or 3 times during that one..

Quote Originally Posted by paulmac View Post
    would it be best to maybe just do say one playlist at a time then and save after doing each one? sounds like a plan that to me, and the bigger playlists save maybe 2 or 3 times during that one..
    Yeah this is probably your best bet...

I let Traktor chew out my entire 3000 track collection in one go...

It took 8 hours, and the first time it had an issue, as my traktor user library was on a hard drive tat ran out of space (DAMN!).

So I had to do it twice.

And as a side note, on my laptop, analyzing absolutes SPIKES the temperature. And having the temp spiked to max for 8 and a half hours at a time is defiantly NOT recommended.

I mean, its not "definitely" going to break anything. And I used to do temp spike/cpu load testing on processors I was over clocking in desktops, routinely for 24-48 hours at a time, and I have never killed any components with the stress testing...

But then again, that was always inside a highly ventilated PC tower, with after market cooling solutions.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast