TP2 Regridding my entire collection, Help!
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default TP2 Regridding my entire collection, Help!

Hi all,
    So like a good little boy I went and bagged me a copy of TP2 as soon as it hit the shelves. Got it installed, transferred libraries and got to it.

I hate to be a moaner &/ noob and I wish I didnt have to start this thread. But we all have our moments right? heh. Anyway, I digress.

Unfortunately TP2 is taking it upon itself to re-grid all of my tunes, and balls the majority of them up in the process. I can understand re-analyzing becuase of the new waveforms. But re-gridding? After I painstakingly gridded thousands of songs in TP1? No fun.

So Whats my issue? Did I install it wrongly, or is this a 'feature' everyone is going to have to deal with?

I tried bringing over stripes and transients folders from TP1, that doesnt seem to do anything. Any other ideas?

All my Cue points are there and all the tags look to be correct on the songs I looked at. My playlist structure is also correct. None of the mappings came across from TP1 either, (not a massive issue to me but I thought it was worth mentioning) and none of the settings were transferred across.

Are these the symptoms of a bad install or something?
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

I have no real advice but did you upgrade to 2.0.1?
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Untick 'Set beatgrid when detecting BPM' in preferences maybe?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

mine all seemed to be ok, all i did was copy accross everything from my S4 software and they seeme to be fine altho i have only quickly played a few songs so there could be some messed up i wont know until sat when i get on it properly
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

you can select your entire collection before you analyze, and select "lock bpm" then analyze.

Now Traktor wont touch your grids, and if you prefer to have them unlocked, you can now group unlock tracks as well.

I suggest you re-import your collection from your original traktor root directory, and then lock your entire collection, and then analyze.

No matter what you have done so far in your new Traktor 2 Collection file, your old Traktor 1 collection has not been changed in any way, you can re-import it, and go back to before you analyzed anything in Traktor 2.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 03-31-2011 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Please Dont double/treble space paragraphs. Takes up too much thread room
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Tech Convert

I've come across the same problem, just installed the TP2 demo and copied over everything and all my grid markers are all off....

Quote Originally Posted by moda View Post
    I've come across the same problem, just installed the TP2 demo and copied over everything and all my grid markers are all off....
    Read what I just posted...
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Quote Originally Posted by exokinetic View Post
    you can select your entire collection before you analyze, and select "lock bpm" then analyze.

Now Traktor wont touch your grids, and if you prefer to have them unlocked, you can now group unlock tracks as well
    Thanks mate, ill have a crack at this when I get home this evening
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Im having the same issue kind of. Its not regridding the tracks its that every track grid is off. I tried to reimport the collection with analyze turned off and still every grid is off slightly. Any fix for this??
    Maschine, Abelton live, Massive, Samson studio monitors, Ks4, New truss, revo 4, Chauvet minspots on the way,Traktor pro Thank goodness for just needing the sn#!!),2nd 13" macbook

All fire lost:Signed Vci-100 arcade, akai lpd8,Truss and all lighting, 13" macbook, hercules rmx

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exokinetic View Post
    This

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast