DJM900 *Offical Gripe Thread*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default DJM900 *Offical Gripe Thread*

Where did it go?!

I heard the story about the faulty headphone jack and the delayed ship date.
    http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/pr...900_delay.html

I'm pretty patient. But "releasing" a product. Then not having it available anywhere for a month and a half. And making no further press releases for a month is not exactly a great marketing strategy.

So knowing that this thing was out for about an hour before it was recalled do you have the confidence in it to fork over 2 stacks when the thing finally does come out? Which we are to assume is "early April."

One other thought: If this is going to be available in early April wouldn't they be on the slow boat from China sometime around now? If in two weeks April "availability" turns to may you can count me out for serious.

You can't start 'official' threads with a first post!!!

jk welcome to the forum.

No idea, but to be fair it's not unusual for companies to announce full details of a product a fair while before it's released. NI with Traktor Pro 2 for example, we've known everything about it for weeks. Then again they did give us a release date (which they then jumped the gun on )
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

My gripe with it is it's price. Please bear in mind I have never read anything about this mixer much less use it or anything of the sort.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

This hulabuloo about the Nexus is bollocks.
    The units affected were mainly Pre-Production units. That means nothing when it comes to retail units shipped now.

I aint sure an "official gripe thread" is of any use until people have the mixer and can do a proper evaluation.

Seems like Pioneer are trying to sort the issue.

Tech Convert

I couldn't believe there wasn't already fifty threads going for this so I just had to start one. Any other date and time and i likely wouldn't care. I just happen to be in need of a new mixer like three weeks ago.

I was super close to buying an S4. Then i saw the press release about the 900 in February. The one that said it would be available in late March. It seems Pioneer was just about to roll out the media blitz (early mass production models) when they learned that:

Connecting certain headphones from other manufacturers with the volume set high can trigger a protective circuit to unnecessarily power down the unit.
    This issue has now been corrected with our most recent production models as of March 23rd 2011.

However, we have taken the prudent decision to withdraw the small quantity of early mass production units shipped to U.S.A. and Europe. This regrettably delays March availability to early April.
    I guess there isn't much else to say besides that. It would be nice to hear from Pioneer if new units have shipped. It seems they would have had to if they are going to be in stores in early April...

Anyways, silence isn't good damage control. The cat long ago left the bag. There is too much competition in this market space to play games with the release date. i will be one unhappy camper if come April 15th there is another press release only to say better luck in early May.

I seriously doubt this will affect sales. Like Karlos said, pre production model issues are basically non-issues. Every club in the land is still going to buy one.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Maybe a recent effin earthquake/tsunami set their plans back for a while..... just guessing.

Tech Convert

So I hear the 900 dropped in Europe over the weekend. I called a local store and they had no word on a ship date yet. I've seen "available" dates on the web for late April, early May, and even June. Is it too soon to say this thing isn't hitting US shelfs in "early April?"

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    I couldn't believe there wasn't already fifty threads going for this so I just had to start one.
    Right. But no one cares.

It's an overpriced marginal evolution of the DJM-800 with a couple sorta-kinda neat features and a few really nice things that make everyone's lives easier………if you've also spent a lot of money on CD decks made by Pioneer that–by and large–this forum has decided aren't worth the money.

This is DJTechTools, after all. People are–in general–here because they like using hi-tech stuff when they spin, and while I'll admit that the DJM-900 is kinda cool, the stuff required to make it better than the 800 basically amounts to paying a lot of money to limit your capabilities further than you would by using any other mixer with most of the rigs I've seen people use.

That's why no one cares about the DJM-900 being delayed. No one on DJTT was going to buy it.

Well written Mostapha.

But in general the price of it is roughly where i assumed it would be.. bit more than the 800 but lower than the 2000.

I had a play around with one yesterday when i was in Rubadub Records Glasgow and to be honest even though there are just a few nice upgrades from the 800 the whole thing feels a lot better to use.

The faders are a load smoother, the hi's, low's, mid's and gains feel well built, the touch strip is a fancy feature even though i would still use the buttons to control what the touch strip controls and the two added colour effects are nice etc etc. My point being, so what if it has been recalled, it could happen to anything. My car got recalled..

It's just part of life. If you want the mixer you will end up buying it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast