Do's Traktor pro 2 sound different to older versions? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    I love how the effects sound now like the delay isnt like ALL UP IN YOUR FACE DAWG!!!!! loud, it has a nice flow to it now. =)
    Completely agree with the delay thing!

As for CPU I havn't noticed much but it seems to load faster?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Load is measured differently in TPRo2
    Interesting. Any more information on this change available?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGod View Post
    Interesting. Any more information on this change available?
    before the cpu meter just showed cpu. not its current latency + cpu to give more of an overall "lag" meter. its way more accurate now than it was before. imo, its currently giving the most honest load reading on the market.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Wizard

I find I can push it more i.e. cpu meter up in the red without audio drops outs, where as with TPS4 it would be really fussy and drop out forcing me to turn the buffer up.

One thing that has really pissed me off is all the beat gridding all ready done is worthless!
    Its knocked all my grids off by re-analysing already locked tracks.

From all my RELIGIOUS beat-gridding of my DnB, and having them locked, and analyzing them now in TSP2...

I sincerely think that the "resolution" of the adjustment you had over the "grid line" in TSP1 was not "fine" enough to set the beat grid exactly.

I say this, because in TSP1, even after RELIGIOUS beat-gridding of tracks that DID NOT drift, even using the tick, to beat match the "grid line" to the particular transient I was using, I found that sometimes when I put one track that was just slightly off, ahead of the transient, into another track, that was just slightly off, behind the transient, if I sync locked them, it sounded VERY SLIGHTLY off.

It is a very faint difference, but when I take off sync lock, and nudge either of the tracks the faintest amount back to where the theoretical "phase center" should be, it sounded MUCH more harmonious, like it was *cough* perfectly beat matched.

SO, that being said, when you zoom in 10x farther than you could in TSP1, in TSP2, you can "see" how far off the TSP1 grid line actually was, and adjust it to an even "finer" resolution.

I really love it, I have a feeling after I go back through all my DnB, and set the beat-grids to a scientific degree of accuracy, that any two sync locked tracks (when all other things are perfect, key, phase, measure, general "feel") are going to be "perfectly" beat matched.

And thats my 2 cents.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Tech Wizard

I know what you saying I also love the accuracy, but it has completely moved/changed bpms of locked tracks.

Meaning anything that I have done in the past has been changed and is now worthless and need unlocking and redoing! =(

Interesting...

I find all my locked tracks still have the BPM where they were locked at, as well as have the grid marker where I set it. I notice a few tracks just of the bat so far, where I can tell the grid marker isn't perfectly over the transient.

...but the marker is over the transient that I had picked for that track, so its really easy to fine tune...

*shrug*
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by exokinetic View Post
    I notice a few tracks just of the bat so far, where I can tell the grid marker isn't perfectly over the transient.

...but the marker is over the transient that I had picked for that track, so its really easy to fine tune...
    Wish mine was that simple, it changed downbeat left, right & centre. Its was depressing looking at the amount of tracks I had locked in knowing they all needed rechecking =(

Quote Originally Posted by exokinetic View Post
    From all my RELIGIOUS beat-gridding of my DnB, and having them locked, and analyzing them now in TSP2...

I sincerely think that the "resolution" of the adjustment you had over the "grid line" in TSP1 was not "fine" enough to set the beat grid exactly.

I say this, because in TSP1, even after RELIGIOUS beat-gridding of tracks that DID NOT drift, even using the tick, to beat match the "grid line" to the particular transient I was using, I found that sometimes when I put one track that was just slightly off, ahead of the transient, into another track, that was just slightly off, behind the transient, if I sync locked them, it sounded VERY SLIGHTLY off.

It is a very faint difference, but when I take off sync lock, and nudge either of the tracks the faintest amount back to where the theoretical "phase center" should be, it sounded MUCH more harmonious, like it was *cough* perfectly beat matched.

SO, that being said, when you zoom in 10x farther than you could in TSP1, in TSP2, you can "see" how far off the TSP1 grid line actually was, and adjust it to an even "finer" resolution.

I really love it, I have a feeling after I go back through all my DnB, and set the beat-grids to a scientific degree of accuracy, that any two sync locked tracks (when all other things are perfect, key, phase, measure, general "feel") are going to be "perfectly" beat matched.

And thats my 2 cents.
    yeah I started doing this in the demo version it's a godsend and now with loops going in sample decks and having 2 tracks play it will all be in sync like you want it.

And I said it before but ill say it again, The effects are FAR better now (more noticeable in delay)
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Guru

Uggh all this talk makes me want to re-beat grid my dnb sets. Sometimes I hate doing homework...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12