Do's Traktor pro 2 sound different to older versions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Do's Traktor pro 2 sound different to older versions?

Right folks as a suspect a lot of you have been playing around with the new Traktor release (Pro 2).

I was wondering if anyone had noticed a sound difference between tp2 & older version. I have upgraded from Traktor Pro S4 & its been bugging me how different it sounds from the S4 version of the software (to the point it is annoying me).

So I loaded the same Wav file into both versions on traktor (TPS4 & TP2) with the same setting for the mixers (i.e. EQ type), made sure the sample rate and buffer where set the same, then played the track though my monitors.

I personally think the mids & highs are harsher on TP2 than TPS4 & that TPS4 sounds better!

Also on a side note do's anyone else think that the new TP2 is less CPU intensive?

Less CPU intensive than s4 maybe. I can only speak as a tsp-timecode user, but afaict it's hungrier than tsp 1.2.7 even when doing nothing.

Re: sound color-(snipped some crap due to lack of attention) Ill try and a/b test both tsps on the same settings later on though. Maybe the algorithms behind eq. Styles have changes somehow.
    Last edited by bumtsch; 03-31-2011 at 09:49 AM.

Tech Wizard

still had to reinstall the old audio driver. i thought it kinda sounded crispier and a little more responsive. im having a hard time figuring out the sampler, nothing records, all though i am just using the demo.

Quote Originally Posted by warpa4 View Post
    still had to reinstall the old audio driver. i thought it kinda sounded crispier and a little more responsive. im having a hard time figuring out the sampler, nothing records, all though i am just using the demo.
    its prob because youre using the demo.... no recording is a feature of that (and LE i believe)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Guru

It's funny as I was listening to a set I have been working on for a week or so everything did sound a bit more crisp and clear. I thought it was a placebo at first but after reading @warpa4 response I wonder if there is something more to this.

Also, the new version uses a lot more CPU. My MBP fan comes on all the time now vs before it would rarely ever come on in a 2-3 hour set.

Tech Wizard

even crazes new video has a different sound to it, i mean it sounds good just um a lil less underlined reverb in the new video vs the older one (not the effects just the sound quality)

+1
    as far as the demo goes, it seems more cpu hungry. i noticed that right way.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Load is measured differently in TPRo2
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

i only noticed slight drop outs when playing a track and opening the options menu but well you shouldnt do that anyway
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

I love how the effects sound now like the delay isnt like ALL UP IN YOUR FACE DAWG!!!!! loud, it has a nice flow to it now. =)
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast