Traktor 2 - Filter update?

Default Traktor 2 - Filter update?

Just wondering...

I've tried searching but no joy.

Just wondering if they are the same, ie the ladder filter still jumps in volume when you do a high pass?

Or are there any other filter options...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

No new options mate.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Shame... I like the ladder filter but it does go super loud when you do the high pass... they haven't looked at that then?

No biggy cause i always tweak the gain while i do it but... you know... might have been nice if they had fixed that a bit
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

Speaking of filters...How do you turn on the sample deck filters? My sample decks just have the volume knobs. Where is this located, I tried to find it in deck details without success.
    MacBook Pro/Traktor 2.0.1/VCI-100SE/Akai MPK25/Nanopad/Audio2DJ

you need to change your layout a bit. you dont have enough space for the filter to appear, try disableing the mixer or cue gain fx row in the layout options.

yeh I had to turn off the whole mixer and gain section to see mine.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

the volume jump when the filter is enabled all down the to way the algorithm for the filter works, what i would suggest is not using the standard filters (the ladder one is crap) and just use the xone ones in the effects selection, then you can tweak it as u like
    Last edited by Conall; 03-31-2011 at 11:26 AM.

Tech Mentor

The filter loudness thing is because when you sweep the filter up you're moving a cutoff frequency that gets peaked 'cause of the algorithm. If you listen to a song with some gnarly base and fiddle with the filter a bit, you can get the cutoff to sit at the same frequency as the bass notes and it'll pump them up.