Locked symbol in browser for beatgrid
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Locked symbol in browser for beatgrid

Im beatgridding some of my tracks in tsp2. Now when i have it set correctly and i lock it, it used to show down in the browser the little picture of the padlock so you knew it was gridded and locked, now the ones that have already been done from previous tsp1 all have the padlock symbol next to them in the browser but the ones im doing in tsp2 dont seem to be putting the padlock down next to the track in the browse, anyone else noticed this whilst beatgridding or am i doing something wrong lol??
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Only if the 1º column isn't wide enough to fit the deck letter and lock icon.

ok, something strange is happening. If i go into my tech house crate, where all my tracks are gridded already the padlock shows up on the far left box in the browser yeah, then when i load a track into say deck A then an A appears next to the padlock as normal yes, so i go into my funky house crate where a lot arent gridded, i load a track into deck A it analyses the track but it doesnt appear in the browser with which deck that track is loaded into and when i grid it and lock it the lock doesnt appear???
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Are they in your library twice, and you're only locking one?

nope, ive done a search in tracklist the whole lot for say Ian Carey tracks and its brought them all up. There are no duplicates and it wont bring the lock sign up in the browser nor does it put the letter of the deck its playing in next to it? really weird as all the ones that are already locked and gridded it puts the letter of the deck next to the picture of the padlock in the browser?????

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Maybe you disabled the column accidentally, try right clicking at the top of a column and reactivating it in that particular playlist (should be one of the 1st options)

i cant have tho, cos like i said when i go into my tech house folder they all have the padlock symbol in the 1st column and when i load a track it puts the letter of the decks next to the padlock?? but in say the trance folder ive just analysed that folder again as there aint many tracks in that one, its finished analysing, i gridded one and locked it and the padlock didnt appear in the 1st column nor the letter for which deck it was playing in??

im so confused now with this, if u unlock one of the tracks that is locked from previous traktor the locked button still stays on in the browser? something isnt right here surely? lol

ok, so after a while trying different things, ive now noticed if i drag and drop a song into a deck it doesnt show the letter of the deck in the browser next to the song nor the padlock, but if you right click on the track in the browser and load it that way the letter then appears next to the track in the browser and the padlock shows up if infact that track has its grid locked. How weird is that? was not like that in tsp1 or S4 as far as i can remember lol.. oh well i hope thats it, as far as beat gridding on tsp2 im finding it easier to get them spot on with the new waveforms? some one else try drag and drop a song into a deck and let me know if the same happens to you pls

To me it seems like the browser only updates those icons if you use it again (so, if I load something in a deck with my X1, nothing changes until I start moving around the browser again) - surely no intentional behavior and a tiny bit annoying, but nothing too serious imo.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast