Apogee Duet 2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apogee Duet 2

Another tick in the Apogee column.

Btw, towifer, the studio pic on your blog is kind of gorgeous. Yours? And what control surface is that? I've recently acquired access to an HD studio based on a D-Control (taking a "don't break things" orientation thing now…full access in the fall), and something tells me that I'm not going to be happy mixing with a mouse anymore…but I also can't dream of affording a $60k console for when I'm not there.

Tech Mentor

Definitely get one bro, they're perfect for mixing between DJ'ing and recording/production!

Aha i wish man! it is beautiful, i'm not 100% certain what control surface it is, it KINDA looks like a Euphonix controller. Ooh lovely, i worked on D-Control desk when I was a college studying music tech wonderful desks, really good because they're made to interact with pro tools.

The only desk i've ever worked on that i preferred was the SSL Matrix desk, at my first pro studio, that my friend was something special!

My Setup

Changed a LITTLE bit since then but you get the idea
    Production - 24" iMac. Digidesign 003+ Rack. Genelec 8020A Monitors. UA 710 Twin Finity Preamp. Many Microphones.
    DJ - 15" MBP. Traktor Pro 2. Audio DJ 2. Kontrol X1. Maschine. MidiFighter Pro. AIAIAI TMA-1 Headphones.
    Website Soundcloud Email

Default Duet 2

Can anybody tell me how to set up the Apogee Duet 2 with Traktor Pro 2 please? I mean input settings and output settings? And how can I prelisten to the new track I want to mix in? Thanks for your help.

Greetz, ifeelhouse.

I know this is an old thread but someone has just bumped it and thought i would throw another interface in for question the RME - Babyface. Fantastic little thing!

Quote Originally Posted by ifeelhouse View Post
    Can anybody tell me how to set up the Apogee Duet 2 with Traktor Pro 2 please? I mean input settings and output settings? And how can I prelisten to the new track I want to mix in? Thanks for your help.

Greetz, ifeelhouse.
    Or to be specific, maybe anybody can tell me how to set up th Duet with Traktor and an S4 (using as controller only). I want to play from my S4, but use the Duet 2 as audio interface. How do I have to edit the settings to be able to prelisten on the Duet 2? I was never happy with the sound quality from the S4 headphone output and especially don´t like these small headphone knobs on the S4. Thats why I would prefer the Dut 2 A LOT!

THANKS for your help.

If you don't like the sound of your S4, it's probably broken. Get it fixed. The difference is pretty small.

But the answer to your question is to read the manual that came with your Duet2. It'll tell you how to assign the main and HP outs to different stereo pairs and which one is which…then it's a simple matter of following the instructions in the Traktor manual to set the output settings right.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    If you don't like the sound of your S4, it's probably broken. Get it fixed. The difference is pretty small.

But the answer to your question is to read the manual that came with your Duet2. It'll tell you how to assign the main and HP outs to different stereo pairs and which one is which…then it's a simple matter of following the instructions in the Traktor manual to set the output settings right.
    It´s not broken, its working fine. I just don´t think that the headphone volume is loud enough. So its not an S4 problem, I know my S4 very well. I still want to switch to the Duet and can´t seem to get the settings right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12