The New Beatport's changes: Artwork

Default The New Beatport's changes: Artwork

Hey guys, if you use beatport as much as I do, you've been following along with their updates on their mini-site. Aside from other changes which really help the workflow of using the site, I'm really interested in actually having artwork for my tracks! Yes, they confirmed today that new tracks will have artwork included in the MP3's.

Now again, if you're like me, you're ADD as shit and this excites you greatly as we can now leverage the views in Traktor Pro to peek in our crates.

It's great that this addresses future purchases, but aside from doing a scour / add of artwork to our collection, there isn't any way possible to get that artwork in a back catalogue from beatport (if there is, please correct me on this!).

As I see it, this wouldn't be too troublesome for them to send a batched zip file of all artwork. There'd be some incentive for beatport's mgmt to do this if it gave them an additional revenue stream (read: $.10/track or whatever). And hey, throwing in some Traktor metadata would be hot as well.

Anyone else with me on this, or am I going to hear crickets?

I really love artwork with my tracks! And that's good news from Beatport. Juno provides artwork with every track, so beatport really had to catch up.

It's about time!... I've been adding the thumbnail as my artwork for tracks as part of my workflow for DLing from Beatport, would gladly skip that step!

A way to get proper artwork for owned tracks would be good, not sure we'll see it happen tbh ... not too much of an issue for me as the thumnail is pretty much the same size on beatport as is shown in the main tractor window.. looks arse in iTunes though
    Save money on binoculars - Simply move closer to the object you intend to view!

For many releases it's possible to find artwork at juno.co.uk (or junodownload) or at discogs.com, but you have to do it manually.