TP2 sync just to match BPM

Default TP2 sync just to match BPM

I have just updated to TP2 and all I want to do is use sync to match the BPM between tracks. When I deactivate sync on the track I've just BPM matched it reverts to its original BPM.

I can't seem to match BPMs without keeping the "sync" highlighted on the track I've BPM matched and it's doing my (very small brain inside my) head in.

It causes mad lag if I want to fire off a new track out of phase.

Same issue in tempo sync and beat sync.

Is there another way to match BPMs (apart from using the tempo sliders) that I've not learned?

I've searched the forum for similar posts (someone has suggested I hold play while pushing sync, this doesn't work for me) and can't seem to find one but apologise if this has already been answered.
    Last edited by andieman; 03-31-2011 at 11:58 PM.
    Macbook Pro intel 15"/ Traktor Pro/ VCI-100 SE/ Midi Fighter/ Lack of sleep/ Energy drinks/ Girlfriend constantly yelling to turn it down and telling me her chihuahua isn't a drum machine.
    "If You Need Me I'll Be Up In The Clouds!"

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You need to deactivate sync while the slave deck is playing, otherwise it reverts to original the tempo.

Thank you.

So simple.
    Like me.

Legend.
    Last edited by andieman; 04-01-2011 at 12:22 AM.
    Macbook Pro intel 15"/ Traktor Pro/ VCI-100 SE/ Midi Fighter/ Lack of sleep/ Energy drinks/ Girlfriend constantly yelling to turn it down and telling me her chihuahua isn't a drum machine.
    "If You Need Me I'll Be Up In The Clouds!"

Is there any way round this? Its pretty rubbish to have to sync start the track then unsync. This never used to be the case. It used to take a quick double tap of the sync button to get tempos matched then you could fire off the track whenever you want. It now acts like the quantize button is on but its not.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Why do you need to deactivate sync anyway?

...so i can free style the cue button and not be stuck to a beat to beat quantize type thing. Double time cueing if you get me, kind of like if you were scratching a beat in on turntables.

MMM

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Is there any way round this? Its pretty rubbish to have to sync start the track then unsync. This never used to be the case.
    I haven't found a way around this either. But honestly, once you get used to it, it takes no time at all. Just play the track and press sync twice.

Will do.... Wierd change they've made though isn't it. Sure they should have plenty of other things to worry about rather than this little wierd amendment

won't selecting "TempoSync" instead of "BeatSync" under "Transport > Sync Mode" in the prefs do what u want?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    won't selecting "TempoSync" instead of "BeatSync" under "Transport > Sync Mode" in the prefs do what u want?
    Nope