Will we see the s4 come down in price? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJKeyWee View Post
    As you can purchase Maschine controller without the software (449$ vs 669$ with the software) I guess one day some will also be able to purchase the S4 controller ONLINE, so NI have proof the user already own a legal copy of the software. I don't think they will take out the Whole software price though..

http://co.native-instruments.com/ind...9&redirected=1
    Wow, that's really expensive just for a basic "dumb" midi controller. I assumed most of the cost was for the software and the controller was only worth a couple hundred. I guess not?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Is the sound card in it just the equivalent of an audio4? Maybe not even that? its one out and 2 ins isn't it?
    You could call it between the Audio 4 and 6. It has 4 direct inputs and a set of rca outputs and 1/4" outputs. It also takes and sends midi and accepts timecode, so around an audio 4 with a couple of bonuses and full timecode control.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGod View Post
    If you are short on cash and really want a KS4 check out zzounds.com where I purchased mine. They will spread out the cost between 4 credit card transactions basically only charging you 222$ or so for 4 months. Highly recommend them, they are great.

EDIT: same goes for Maschine. Get them both at once and spread the charges across 4 months (and no, I don't work for them).
    :eek: HOLY CRAP NOW I MIGHT JUST SCRAP THE APC40 AND GO FOR THIS!! Thanks
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

i aint read every comment in this tread as my connection is acting up,
    but i have to agree with MisterMoleyMole,
    a slightly cheaper stand alone S4 would be sweet and would make a lot of sense considering, they could be loosing a lot of hardware sales due to people already owning TP2,

100 smackers less without the software and even i would buy one
    and i already have an S4
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlaggard View Post
    i aint read every comment in this tread as my connection is acting up,
    but i have to agree with MisterMoleyMole,
    a slightly cheaper stand alone S4 would be sweet and would make a lot of sense considering, they could be loosing a lot of hardware sales due to people already owning TP2,

100 smackers less without the software and even i would buy one
    and i already have an S4
    but you're all missing the point... if you have a copy of TP2 already - JUST SELL THE COPY THAT COMES WITH THE CONTROLLER!

i dont kno if this has been said in the tread yet but i dont have time to read the hole thing. what if someone wants scratch pro two cause they want to use timecode with there s4 as a mixer sort of thing

Quote Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy View Post
    i dont kno if this has been said in the tread yet but i dont have time to read the hole thing. what if someone wants scratch pro two cause they want to use timecode with there s4 as a mixer sort of thing
    Sell the TP2 that is comes with and buy TSP2
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

yeah true but its abit of a hassle and if you dont get all of your money back

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Gooch View Post
    I garantee you the price of the S4 will come down. In standard NI fashion it will be them just clearing thier inventory in anticipation of their next new and improved controller. So when you see the big price drop run out and buy it. Then proceed to bitch about how NI gave you the long hard one when you see the beautiful new Kontrol S Eleventy.
    Yes, this is what tends to happen when newer software and hardware is released. The price always goes down. At that point in time though, I doubt you will want an S4 when there's a newer shinier toy waiting for you on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy View Post
    $139 upgrade

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast