Serato Scratch Live 1.9 Announcement
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Serato Scratch Live 1.9 Announcement

http://serato.com/news/id/2677
    Announcing Scratch Live 1.9

New for 2009, Serato Scratch Live 1.9 now arms DJs with more tools than ever. This free upgrade places a stunning array of features at DJ's fingertips, enabling creative possibilities never seen before. Major new features include SP-6 Sample Player, LiveFeed, native MEP-7000 support, Loop Roll, enhanced History, and support for Video-SL 1.1.

The new SP-6 Sample Player adds six extra audio players that can be triggered with the computer keyboard or a MIDI controller, turning compatible Rane hardware into a high performance sampler.

Brand new in Scratch Live 1.9 is a groundbreaking feature called LiveFeed, taking live external audio and placing it directly on a Scratch Live virtual deck, all in real time. The DJ has instant control of live external audio with Vinyl, CD or MIDI.

"LiveFeed gives DJs a live stream of audio to mess with, the creative possibilities are really endless", reports General Manager, Sam Gribben.

The Pioneer MEP-7000 gains plug-and-play native support, joining the popular Pioneer CDJ-400 as a Scratch Live control surface. Control CDs are not required, and song data is shown directly on the MEP-7000's displays.

Loop Roll adds an interesting new stutter effect, which can also be used in conjunction with the new LiveFeed feature.

The History function now keeps a comprehensive record of every track played, during every gig. This is a real time saver for professional DJs who need to log their sessions.

Album Art is also added to the virtual deck in Scratch Live, assisting with rapid song identification.

Scratch Live 1.9 also adds offline video playback, in conjunction with the Video-SL 1.1 plug-in, also being shown at NAMM 2009. This feature lets Serato Video-SL users manage effects, cue and loop points for their videos without hardware connected. Video-SL 1.1 adds support for the Rane SL 1 and Rane MP 4.

A public beta of Scratch Live version 1.9 commences Monday the 19th of January (New Zealand time).

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

*Prays NI returns the beatmasher)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by neworleansTECH View Post
    Brand new in Scratch Live 1.9 is a groundbreaking feature called LiveFeed, taking live external audio and placing it directly on a Scratch Live virtual deck, all in real time. The DJ has instant control of live external audio with Vinyl, CD or MIDI.
    About time a dj program done that - Nice work work Serato right there.

Still no fx's?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

But they have the autolooper! that thing is, like, my favorite part about T3 (even thought it's not an autolooper, it's a beatmasher, which sounds SO much cooler)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    Still no fx's?
    It has effects but you need a Rane's TTM-57SL mixer to use them - thats how their business model works sadly.

Hey if I had the 57SL I would be using Serato but it too expensive & most clubs only have the box, not the mixer.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Hmmm, but will Serato support the MacBook Wheel?
    http://www.theonion.com/content/vide..._revolutionary
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

that's... that's awesome
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by kidfromkibbly View Post
    Hmmm, but will Serato support the MacBook Wheel?
    http://www.theonion.com/content/vide..._revolutionary
    You gotta be kidding me :\ That will never take on.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast