Anyone find it harder to grid in TPro 2?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Anyone find it harder to grid in TPro 2?

Hey everybody, had my first gig last night with TP2 it performed flawlessly. One thing I noticed though is that with the new waveforms the first beat isn't as clearly defined. I felt in TPro 1 it was really easy to nail the 1st beat but with the new spectrum it's hard to be accurate. Anyone else feel the same way

glad it went well man, were you gridding on the spot?

cant you hear when the first beat is and grid from there as a benchmark to find where it is??
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

I find it much easier now that I can zoom all the way in then set it then tap the = button and have it in normal view. though 1 song I had to set 2 grids =p damn you breakdown being offbeat
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Guru

Most grids were laid out well there was just a few that were off compared to when I was using Traktor Pro S4. The Tap function in S4 was unreal, and now i'm feeling it's not as accurate in Pro 2, could just be a placebo effect. I also had the Instant Gratification mapping on my Maschine, unreal.

No. It was a lot easier the old way to have it be kinda-sorta in the right place and fool yourself into thinking you got it right because it just didn't give enough detail.

The "beat" goes at the beginning of the peak of the attack of the hit, so if you put it at the start of the tallest peak of what sounds like a kick, it's right. Just do it that way for all of your tracks.

piece of cake
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Do you guys find the bpm isn't accurate? I find that auto grid isn't working nearly as well as the S4 software.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    No. It was a lot easier the old way to have it be kinda-sorta in the right place and fool yourself into thinking you got it right because it just didn't give enough detail.

The "beat" goes at the beginning of the peak of the attack of the hit, so if you put it at the start of the tallest peak of what sounds like a kick, it's right. Just do it that way for all of your tracks.
    This, and using the metronome

Personally I don't care for the inbuilt bpm detection of any software. The beat grid is the best tool for detection of bpm I have ever come across and I absolutely adore it. I wish there was a plugin for audacity that mimicked it so I could use it on linux.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I've only gridded about 7 or 8 songs with T2. It seems to be about the same as S4, but time will tell.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast