Traktor Duo 2 Setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor Duo 2 Setup

Hey guys,
    I've been on these forums quite a bit lately, looking for advice on how to help me set up my 2 Denon DNS-1200's as software controllers for Traktor Duo 2. After hours of searching and trying different things I have managed to get everything to work how I want it to;which is have the 2 controllers, and use an external mixer on 2 seperate channels.

The problem arises with the distortion of the songs. I've seen others have had similar problems but their solution hasn't worked for my problem.

My ASIO4all Setup:
    http://img812.imageshack.us/i/asiosetuphtml.png/

My Audio Setup:
    http://img832.imageshack.us/i/audiosetup.png/

My Output Routing:
    http://img508.imageshack.us/i/outputrouting.png/

If you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Did you optimize your pc? Does increasing the latency help?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

What solutions have you tried?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the speedy replies.

@padi_04
    I changed the latency and the same problem is occurring. I'm not quite sure what you mean by optimize your PC? Could you explain further?

@DvlsAdvct
    So far I have tried changing from internal/external mixer, switching the built in soundcard options and the audio device. I have gone into device manager and check the USB settings and the playback options turning off the Exclusive mode options.

At one point the sound was clear, however this was only when the two decks would play through one channel rather than two seperate.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Go through that article Padi posted and let us know if it helps
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

Alright I did everything on the list given, and reducing the Asio Buffer size helped a little bit, but the lag/stutter is still evident, and if I bring it too low then it becomes distorted and scratchy. After checking DCplat and LatencyMod I found that the problem lies somewhere in there. When I have only one CD player selected in ASIO4all I have all green for DCplat and there is no lagging. But when both are selected then I begin to get yellow and even red sometimes. After checking the LatencyMod I found that USBPORT.SYS is far higher than any other driver.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

This is because your USB ports are taking the heavy load. Did you try different ports? or using a powered HUB (not all USB ports output 500mA)

Tech Mentor

If your gonna use a USB hub get one that has AC power. This is greatly reduce the load of power your computer has to put out.

Tech Mentor

Alright, so I tried the USB Hub and the usage is still immense in comparison to other drivers. that is USBPORT.sys. Also, when the cd player is plugged in from the hub to the computer it doesn't get any information sent to it, the screen just reads "PC MODE Completed!"

EDIT: When the two mixers are plugged into the hub, the usage of the USBPORT.sys driver actually drops dramatically (From 1.8 to about .107, in LatencyMon) The only problem is that I still get no signal sent from the program to the CD players even though they show up under ASIO4all and my Output Routing.
    Last edited by Fourth_Frequency; 04-05-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast