OT; Cut my hair? FUCK YOU!!!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default OT; Cut my hair? FUCK YOU!!!

so just been offered a (tele sales) job in basingstoke, had to endure a 3 stage interview process, and being told by the agency that i applied through after each stage, "loads of potential, they really like you" etc... which kept me thinking 'well stop interviewing and give me the job!!'

anyway, got a call back today about it and was offered it on the basis that
    a) i don't wear black shirts, only white - which is fine as i bought a couple of white ones on sunday and..
    b) i get a hair cut and loose the 'emo-esque' fringe. FUCK THAT!!

if i have the potential and ability they want then why let it be an issue now? why not address that earlier instead of waste my time!?!?! also yesterdays interview was cut short because the woman booked a meeting at the same time WTF!?

anyway, told the agency if they want me they hire on ability, not appearance, could be the best dressed and tidiest person in the world, but completely shit at the job. appearance doesn't equal ability

/rant

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

WTF? Now I've actually been to Amazingstoke recently and they've got far bigger problems to worry about than haircuts, like the amount of fucking concrete everywhere
    ---
    Tell 'em you've got a mate who works for the local rag and they love printing ridiculous shitty stories like this on a slow news day
    ---
    Or tell them that you will cut your hair, get a millimetre trimmed off at the barbers, and post the trimmings to them with the receipt
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 04-05-2011 at 05:22 AM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    so just been offered a (tele sales) job in basingstoke, had to endure a 3 stage interview process, and being told by the agency that i applied through after each stage, "loads of potential, they really like you" etc... which kept me thinking 'well stop interviewing and give me the job!!'

anyway, got a call back today about it and was offered it on the basis that
    a) i don't wear black shirts, only white - which is fine as i bought a couple of white ones on sunday and..
    b) i get a hair cut and loose the 'emo-esque' fringe. FUCK THAT!!

if i have the potential and ability they want then why let it be an issue now? why not address that earlier instead of waste my time!?!?! also yesterdays interview was cut short because the woman booked a meeting at the same time WTF!?

anyway, told the agency if they want me they hire on ability, not appearance, could be the best dressed and tidiest person in the world, but completely shit at the job. appearance doesn't equal ability
    /rant
    they worry about appearance for tele sales? whats the world coming to?

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    WTF? Now I've actually been to Amazingstoke recently and they've got far bigger problems to worry about than haircuts, like the amount of fucking concrete everywhere
    ---
    Tell 'em you've got a mate who works for the local rag and they love printing ridiculous shitty stories like this on a slow news day
    ---
    Or tell them that you will cut your hair, get a millimetre trimmed off at the barbers, and post the trimmings to them with the receipt
    +1
    ---
    lol
    ---
    need something to do today...

SoundCloud

Or: get anyone you know who is an employer to ring the agency and try and get them to send job applicants who only wear black and have long emo hair
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    they worry about appearance for tele sales? whats the world coming to?
    yeah, messed up i've done door to door in trainers and a hoody and had still earned a decent amount from it. was for a window compnay, but still, it's the principle

SoundCloud

Just tell 'em that you'll be smart, presentable and good at your job if they employ you, but you won't debase your core values by cutting your hair because your employer has a warped idea of what 'smart and presentable' means.

Tell them that in an ideal world, adopting this position makes you an ideal employee, and that them revising their position makes them the ideal employer.

Sorted.
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Just tell 'em that you'll be smart, presentable and good at your job if they employ you, but you won't debase your core values by cutting your hair because your employer has a warped idea of what 'smart and presentable' means.

Tell them that in an ideal world, adopting this position makes you an ideal employee, and that them revising their position makes them the ideal employer.

Sorted.
    that's a good line...

in the mean time i've applied for factory job that basically makes up a third of my old job for 25% more money

SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

"Hairist" bastards!!

Seriously tell them to get fucked!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast