How Google Makes Us Smarter

Default How Google Makes Us Smarter

http://discovermagazine.com/2009/feb...ng-us-smarter/

a really interesting article about how our brains have a desire to reach out and merge the world with it.

example. When you use a mouse, your brain rewires and the mouse on the screen actually becomes an extension of your conscious mind. Your neurons react to the mouse like the would if you were actually touching the buttons, etc. Man merges with machine all the time. It's only natural!

How freakin' cool is that?
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Thanks for sharing.
    I have thought about this topic alot, considering i grew up in a house hold full of computers i would question if useing them would cause any impact on my intelligence.
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Tech Guru

totally agree... the internet and google allows me to indulge any curiousity allowing me to almost always find facts+educated opinions on whatever subject it is that I desire to learn.

The internet is making smart people smarter, but arguably it's also making dumb people dumber.

Well, if you think of it as a consciousness extension, it makes everyone smarter. Those of us who are more integrated can make better use of it, and thus use it as an informational resource better, and thus are smarter for it!

I love the idea of tools/machines being an extension of our consciousness.
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Quote Originally Posted by RSDJMoniker View Post
    example. When you use a mouse, your brain rewires and the mouse on the screen actually becomes an extension of your conscious mind. Your neurons react to the mouse like the would if you were actually touching the buttons, etc. Man merges with machine all the time. It's only natural!

How freakin' cool is that?
    That's only half of it; researchers have been studying mind-body integration for quite a long time. One of the more interesting tidbits about the human brain is the existence of mirror neurons.

Bandura studied observational learning, and it is the mirror neurons which enable that. To the mirror neurons, there is no difference between observing someone performing an act, and performing the same act.

In other words, watching someone reach out and interact with a mouse generates the same response as reaching out and interacting with the mouse yourself.

Awesome, thanks for the read Moniker!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --