Traktor scratch pro 2
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor scratch pro 2

Hey peeps.

I just installed the new Traktor scratch pro 2.
    When I installed it, I was prompted to a windown asking my to copy my old files from traktor (something along those lines) Which I did.

But now, that installation took 90 gigs!! I thought It was going to install only the transients folder, mappings, etc..

When I click on documents - Nativeinstruments - Traktor 2, I see almost my whole music library, as if It doubled the tracks type thing..

What do I do to solve this? should I delete ALL and reinstall? What happened during the installation for me to have used up 90gigs???

Thx

Tech Wizard

Do you store your music in your "Traktor" settings folder (for want of a better term)?

i.e. Traktor uses a folder to store settings and so on. If Traktor 2 copies that directory to copy the settings and you've used it to store all your music as well...

I'm guessing that's the case, and what you really need to do is shift your music out of that folder.

Not sure the best way to move them all and have Traktor relocate them.

Tech Wizard

My music is in my itunes. I prefer doing it that way..

Think that caused it?

Can i delete whats in my traktor folder? I doubt it moved anything out of my itunes library so my trAcks should still all be there...

Tech Wizard

Then my theory is probably bunk, sorry. I'm left clueless. Personally I'd worry about deleting anything with your music without being 110% sure it's a duplicate copy, etc.