Serato Itch 2.0 Announced - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Looks kind of lame in comparison to tsp2

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Browser features, Smart Playlists. Various performance layouts.
    Ok yeah, copied some stuff from Traktor possibly.

I Like it.

shits weak IMO

ill stay away from this thread...dont bite jesse! wait did my anti-trolling meds today? IDK?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    ill stay away from this thread...dont bite jesse! wait did my anti-trolling meds today? IDK?
    Why dude?

I think people are gonna hate on it for some stupid reasons.

Way i see it is , what else can they do. They aint gonna reinvent the wheel.
    They need to sell to the same market as NI so why try and make something bizarre.

You know me, i have no issue with SSL or Itch. I think Itch was lacking for too long.
    I think this is a big step forward.

Looks like the browser will make Traktors browser features look lacking.

I just wish they would make it mappable for any controller, or am i wrong.
    If i could have a go with the S4 and Itch i would.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

Looks like the browser will make Traktors browser features look lacking.

This. Thats one of things NI should start looking at for future updates.

I think Itch is great. Because it's so streamlined is what makes it fun. I'll be honest of the 30 or however many effects TSP2 has, I use around 6 of them. The stacked waves is something folks enjoy and the gridding and warpable grids feature is better than Traktors.

I think it's a great product but wish they would at lease allow for secondary controller midi mapping. What kills Itch is the time it's taken to get to 2.0 and it didn't provide any of the big guns folks were waiting or "Bridge and Video"

I'm still a fan.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

SSL and Itch will not combine. They are two separate software products. Unless the relationship with Rane is amended somehow, I would forget that sentiment.

Those that say it looks cheap or like crap - well, this is in the eye of the beholder. I've used TSP for years and now that I've switched over to Itch since October, I'm easily in the camp that enjoys its simple layout. This is good on the eyes when actually DJing. Easy to find what you are looking for.

Copying TSP? More like copying SSL which has had its features baked in long before TSP ever did with 2.0,

I like coming to this forum - but it gets tiring since it reads so heavily on the Traktor tip. I like Traktor for what it was (and has with its Sampler), but Itch 2.0 is (going to be) great.

I use 1.7.1 without fail and enjoy it immensely for what it does. And what it does, it does extremely well.

For those of us invested in that platform (now, for me), I'm extremely pleased with this announcement.

Great stuff.
    Known as Robtronik.

http://www.facebook.com.com/djrobtronik | Visit, Like, Stay in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I just wish they would make it mappable for any controller, or am i wrong.
    If i could have a go with the S4 and Itch i would.
    I agree with this 100%

Im running TP2 w/ the S4 and I love the combo. I feel both pieces compliment each other and are polished products.... BUT I wish Traktor had some different layouts.

While TP2 GUI is very well thought out and detailed, it is very restricted at the same time. The range of the layouts suck. No stackable waveforms horizontal or vertical. I personally think it would be nice to have just one option, at least one. You could simply cut the current decks in half, leave the outer half for deck info, and the inner half (where you have the on-screen mixer) have a centralized waveforms. For S4 users it would be great! have each waveform labeled according to the S4 channel layout...

I Can definitely see the functionality of Itch 2.0 though. She ain't a beauty, but im sure she'll get the job done. Those horizontal waveforms are huge... and well spaced. I like!
    Last edited by DarioJ; 04-06-2011 at 11:47 PM.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Itch 2.0 looks great.. a lot like SSL which I have been waiting for in order to jump into itch.. played for a while with the ns7 n fell in love with the precision of the platters.. I bet video sl and the bridge are coming to itch... once that happens... damn... I don't know where peeps are trying to compare itch to traktor.. in no way is it the same... I played with traktor scratch traktor studio and pro and now t2 an it does not look like or compare.. haha haters.. jk ... but it is looking great.. I'm gonna wait for a while... n see what vestax might have coming up.. maybe a vci-400... or 350.. with sampler and fx in one unit.. n more cue points... till now twitch got my attention cuz u can play with traktor as well... nice unit.. to mess around with the sampler ableton style... hehe..
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Looks alright. But to me looks almost the same as TSP2.

I do have like vertical mode and stack view mode to get beat grids lined up. I think thats a great feature. I wish i could enable that in trackor that way
    I know the perfect ponit to cue a track in based on when a track ends and another builds up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123