Novation Nocturn
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Novation Nocturn

Anyone played around with one of these and Traktor?

I'm wanting to add it to my BCD3000 setup and use the 8 knobs/buttons to control Deck A and Deck B effects. I'm 99.9% sure that it will work exactly the way i want it to but sort of a little curious as to what people think of the unit aswell.

I'm also open to suggestions for cheaper alternatives, I only really need 8 additional knobs/buttons (although a few extra won't go astray )

Cheaper than the nocturn?

Maybe a Micro controller by Behringer... otherwise.... it's pro'lly not possible.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

its like $150 tops, not sure. I'm getting one as soon as they come out in NZ ( to be in combo with a midifighter and a digital turntable )

In Holland it would cost around 95 euros.
    (Almost same price as the M Audio X Session Pro.)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

ya the x-session pro is a little cheaper.. by about $20. and, id rather use that then the nocturn. thats just me though.

hmmm good suggestion... I can get the x-session pro for about the same price here in AU.

In Holland it is also the same price.

What does help:
    Nocturn is more LED lit.

I want one of these so i can mod it with arcade buttons
    ill mod my VCI-100 with arcade buttons at the same time giving 12 arcade buttons per side which would translate well into 4 deck x 6 cue point juggling madness.

Changing the case it comes in will probably be in order so i can get the other arcade buttons as close as possible to the vci-100 arcade buttons. Can't wait to get my hands on one

Tech Guru

im converted, nocturn looks nicer n has some features I like, and LEDs, but the additional controls (like 4 faders!) give the xsession the win imo.

that plus a midi-fighter ftw!

I've decided to go the xsession as i have formulated a use for more controls than the nocturn offers (aside from switching midi pages but i don't want to have to do that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast