Upgrade Prob with the kit?
    Tech Convert

Default Upgrade Prob with the kit?

Hi,
    After receiving the upgrade kit alongside the knobs, etc. I have tried to upgrade with both serial and USB cables (bought two different pairs of each) but to no avail.. just to be able to eliminate where the glitch occurs, not only I have used different sets of cables but tried them also on 4 different PCs with all the methods mentioned in the forums, please check my posts. Now I know that it is not a cable or computer problem which only leaves us with the kit.
    I am merely suggesting that as I have come to the very end of my wits alongside few of my comp-geek friends who have been kindly trying to help me on this. Once again, it might not be that but that seems to be the only option I have left in order to be able to upgrade. Would it be possible to send me a new one? I have tried contacting DJTT via moderators and through Ean but so far I haven't received any replies..could someone at least point me at the right direction?
    Thanks.

Kind regards.

You did try it via

service _AT_ djtechtools.com

as well I suppose?

Kind regards,
    Mike
    You must be out of your mind, if you think the way you dress will serve to help the way you rhyme

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey mrbassman,

I imagine Ean has been super busy over the last few days. He will definitely send you out another upgrade kit, you might just need to wait for him to catch up.

Tech Wizard

It may be a bad solder connection on the update board. There's another thread that has your same error code, I think:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2801

maybe just a bad batch. Since ean is at the NAMM convention, maybe this week you'll get a response.

Hey MrBassman,

While you wait for Ean to get back in touch if you upload some close up pics of the update cable I can check the connections for you.

Or you could inspect it yourself, pretty much you just need to check all the solder points are not "bridging", this is when there is a lump of solder which joins two nearby solder pads.

As this is a completley through-hole board check every point that a wire comes through the board and ensure that it is not bridged with any other points nearby.

Tech Convert

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your advice, Ean has just got back to me and I'd love to send the pics but I'm away for another couple of weeks, my guess is if Ean is to send me a new one, I might be able to try it just in time when I get back. If everything fails, I'll definitely get back to you Midifidler and send them pics for you to have a look, maybe?
    Once again, thanks very much for all your input and chat soon on this forum soon,guys.

No prob, let us know how you get on mate