Songs I can't find! and DJ name
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Songs I can't find! and DJ name

Hi all!

I've recently gotten back into mixing and bought the vestax VCI-100 and Novation NiO yesterday woo! Anyway I've been slowly building up my collection of Electro House tracks through beatport and various means.

HOWEVER I've recently heard a couple of songs on the radio/in mixes etc which have been great and I have NO idea how to figure out the names of the songs. I've tried remembering lyrics and googling.. to no avail, also tried searching the website of the radio station but they don't list the track names. So i was wondering how you guys "discover" these tracks. So far I've got three which are eating me up from the inside:

1. Lyrics: its been a long time coming but i like what i hear ... from .... to the place
    2. Lyrics: Baby get freaky, Oh (goes like Oh WOOW) here we go
    3. Lyrics: MOVE THE HOUSE

Everytime i get a new song which is eating me up from the inside I will paste them here and hope you guys can help me!? Are there some more popular forums for electro house people?

P.s. I was also thinking about DJ names recently.. I had settled on SamDAman but then i came to my senses and i think its a bit lame. So i thought why not tak out 1 m and 1 A and i have SaDamn, its Sad + Damn, and saddam and Sadamn.com was available for mixtapes etc.. what do you guys think?

1) Too much like saddam hussein

2) Uhhh...those songs....maybe post clips of you 'singing' them? lol

or go on the radio station's website and look at their playlists!

Tech Wizard

Is it so bad that it sounds like Saddam hussein? I mean that makes it noticeable especially because its Sad Damn (sadamn). It obviously not meant to be saddam hussein, is there not other people in the world called saddam?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I don't think it's a terrible idea, just be prepared for the reactions (which could, in the end, be a good thing). Why Sad Damn, though? I think I get SamDAMan, but, why the other way around?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Why not just your name?

I agree. "Just your name" DJ would be great!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

It's probably a mix or mashup of TV Rock feat. Rudy - Been A Long Time - Axtone Remode Mix

How about Sam Da Hitman? Sounds a little cheesy but I like it
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

the MOVE THE HOUSE song could be move the house by benassi and laidback luke. it's a pretty popular electrohouse song now

Tech Wizard

Right on Piburr thats it! Same with the Assistant! Awesome...! Now for the third track.. maybe i should try singing it. I heard it on the radio in Australia recently when I was in sydney.

About the DJ Name: You guys honestly think my name Sammathews? or you mean Samdaman?

Samdaman
    SaDAMan <-- maybe this?
    Sadamn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast