Numark Ndx800 Help
    Tech Student

Default Numark Ndx800 Help

hi guys i purchaced a numark ndx800 the issue i am having is with the scratch mode. when scratch mode is activated the platter does not stop the track like it should instead it pitch bends. i had a numark mixdeck and it done the same thing when scratch mode was turned on, i dont think its a firmware issue coz i upgraded it. it must be something else. but i have no idea what it could be. the ndx plays the cds and usb songs with no problem, but soon as i hit scratch mode the music will stop and then when i hold my hand on the platter the music will continue, and then as soon as i remove my hand the music will stop again, its like its working reverce to what it should be.

please help me i need this working, please help.

p.s. all help would be greatly appriciated thanks.

Tech Convert

I am having the same issue, are either of ur platters wobbly? meaning when you press down does it tilt in that direction? I notice that the "wobblier" deck of mine seems to have this issue. I also have an issue where it will automatically come out of scratch mode and default back to pitch bend, sometimes while I'm scratching. This is not acceptible, i've posted multiple threads about this all over... and i even demo'd the issue for numark, hopefully they have a simple solution and it is not a hardware issue. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rlo7LARNfM

Tech Convert

Default Solved - ha!

I just went back to try out the parameters under the prog button -

1. hold down PROG button and turn PARAMETERS knob till you see "SCRATCH DELAY" - see if its on or off, it was off in my case turning it on reactivated scratching altho i lost it half way through a cutting routine. BUT then I toggled SCRATCH DELAY off and now i can scratch perfectly, will test it out, but would be interested to see if this works for you. Good luck

Tech Convert

also as for the problem where the track only plays when the platter is held down -

try this: hold down the platter while a song is playing in PITCH BEND MODE - and then as you're holding down the platter hit the SCRATCH button it should pop out i've be able to repeat this on both decks.

Tech Student

Sup folks. I figured the problem I have fits this thread. I just received my first ndx800. Bought it used without the guide. Bought mainly to play cds but it doesn't read any cds being it mp3 or cd-r. USB drive works good. I haven't tried the midi/USB yet. But my focus is the cds. Any help and/or suggestions would be great. Thanks

I have made this little review of ndx800, just wanted to share it with other people!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Owte...ure=plpp_video
    Fujitsu Siemens Amilo pa3553, Behringer djx750, Denon dns1200, Numark ndx800, Akai lpd8, Denon hp500, Audio 2 dj