So no one ended up showing up - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Ill View Post
    You've gotta get a few mates to come along - no one goes into an empty bar. Get 4 or 5 mates to come along. That should tempt some others in...
    This ^

BTW: where are you located?
    MBP 15" | Traktor Pro | Denon DN-MC6000 | Native Instruments Kontrol X1

Hip Hop / R'n'B / Dubstep

Hold your chin up mate..

I play to some of the biggest crowds locally and headline some good venues but from time to time i have to do the early shift which means im just warming up to nobody..

I call it experience and use the time to try out new tracks loud that i don't want to try out in a main set..

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Ill View Post
    You've gotta get a few mates to come along - no one goes into an empty bar. Get 4 or 5 mates to come along. That should tempt some others in...
    I did, but they all bailed last minute. Thats why i posted on here about the event lol

PS I did end up turning my DN SC2000 into a FX controller
    Last edited by chrisw; 04-07-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw View Post
    I did, but they all bailed last minute. Thats why i posted on here about the event lol
    Dude I hate it when people do that shit.

Well, just keep your chin up and keep rockin out. We all go through this shit
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I've actually not had that happen except for un-promoted, impromptu "hey…you have your gear in your car, right?" type house parties…that mostly still got a couple people.

But I think that just means that I play less than most of the people in this thread. My thought is that if it's early on a weeknight and the venue isn't a restaurant during normal hours, that kind of thing just happens.

If it makes you feel any better…I saw Sasha a couple Sundays ago in Miami. The bouncers looked at my friend and me really weird when we got there…expecting it to be like the other places we've gone, not having anything else to do, and not wanting to get stuck waiting in line, we showed up not long after opening.

A very capable DJ who was opening for Sasha played one of the biggest clubs in Miami to 2 people. By the end of his set…there were 4 people in the club. People didn't really start showing up until the 3rd DJ was on…Sasha was 4th.

It happens.
    Last edited by mostapha; 04-07-2011 at 04:04 PM. Reason: grammatical correction.

Yeah....shoulda invited loadsa mates!

But they do bail....my 'wingman' has done this countless times....and I end up driving for 2 hours to some remote venue at night....on my own.

Back in the day....I could honestly say I knew at least 50% of the people at the Outdoor festivals...now....not so much. New generation of youngsters....

Hang in there!

Playing on the radio is the same....you play to the wall!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

you should talk to the owners to see what they can do to get ppl in early, like ladies free before 1130 or something/or complimentary reception the 1st hr
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

It was a free show no cover charge or drink minimum
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Honestly, just promote yourself. The first hour is ALWAYS rough for any event regardless of the deals. And even if people are there they are still mostly stone sober and just want to get themselves amp'd.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw View Post
    I did, but they all bailed last minute.
    bastards. that happened to me a few weeks ago.

least i got free drinks on top of some cash. got drunk put on some music i liked and started dancing on the floor... and would run back to my gear to transition

i had fun. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast