Midifighter Extreme!! mod project!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Awesome, Awesome, AWESOME build!

What's funny, it actually looks like Ean's own Midi fighter, and the newer MF that's on the way in the store. . . .

I can't wait to see this in action, and attempt my own as well.

Well done, Sidetrakd!. . .Very well done, indeed!
    It is an unknown fact that Mr. T is the original Black Power Ranger.

Finally all the led's are working!!We started at 8 o'clock last an 12 hours later everything works!!
    !
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Can you make me one?

That looks absolutely awesome! Fair play on a superb mod!

I've been dabbling with the idea of making my own MIDI controller but wouldn;t have a clue where to start. Got some cool ideas of where to go, just not sure how to get there
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Guru

Looks dope man, Clean and professional looking.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Mentor

Sick ! I'd be game for having a crack at making one of these !
    London - UK
    VCI-100-SE Arcade Moded (v1.4 FW), 2 x CDJ-1000, 1 x 1210 MK2, A&H Xone:62, 2 x KRK RP 6 G2's, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 1 x Midi Fighter, Audio8DJ, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Novation 25, Korg Kontrol, 1 x custom built MacPro (Quad Core i7, 6GB DDR3 RAM, OSX 10.7.1), 1 x MacBook Pro (2.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8)

Tech Mentor

Hi everyone, finally got around to posting under my own account. I'm Sidetrakd's brother and I'm the one to blame when the modded firmware stops working. But of course as every good software engineer knows, all bugs are the hardware peoples fault, so I just blame Sidetrakd when something doesn't work

I will be releasing code for this as soon as I get a chance to clean it up. I inadvertently added a lot of unused "debug" code (and commented out code ) in the last few late night hackfests and I'd rather not let the public see such shoddy work. I'll post a link to my github page once its online.

Besides the code for this mod, I intend on publishing code changes which DJTT can merge back into their firmware if they wish (ie improvements that aren't specific to our mod). Basically the following:
    • Handy function to switch MIDI channel for subsequent MIDI messages (we use it to "bank" the buttons to different channels)
      Code:
      void midi_set_bank (const uint8_t bank); // channel = configured base channel + bank
    • Enhanced SPI API which makes it easy to install and select SPI slaves
      Code:
      void spi_install_slave (uint8_t id, uint8_t port, uint8_t pin, uint8_t select_with);
      uint8_t spi_is_selected (uint8_t id);
      void spi_select (uint8_t id);
      void spi_select_none (void);

// Sample code:
      //////////
      // Id must be unique and in range 0 through 8 (LED driver uses 0, ADC uses 1, so next free is 2)
      #define SPI_SLAVE_FOO 2

// Install an SPI slave with SS on digital 0, bring SS low to select
      spi_install_slave(SPI_SLAVE_FOO, SPI_PORT_D, EXP_DIGITAL0, SPI_LOW_TO_SELECT);

// Send some data
      uint8_t to_slave_byte_1 = 0x12; /* whatever */
      uint8_t to_slave_byte_2 = 0xef; /* whatever */

spi_select(SPI_SLAVE_FOO);
      uint8_t from_slave_byte1 = spi_transmit(to_slave_byte_1);
      uint8_t from_slave_byte2 = spi_transmit(to_slave_byte_2);
      spi_select_none();
    • Ported DJTT LED and ADC code to use said enhanced SPI API
    • Possibly some other bits and pieces which I've forgotten due to lack of sleep

I also have another firmware-only mod planned for existing midifighter owners, but I won't give away any details until its done (you know, in case I never actually get around to doing it)
    Last edited by guywithknife; 05-12-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Really beautiful mod guys. Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by guywithknife View Post

I also have another firmware-only mod planned for existing midifighter owners, but I won't give away any details until its done (you know, in case I never actually get around to doing it)
    This is happening!!Its a handy little feature that will help solve some problems for some people!
    We also have another feature we're working on that is going to be absolutely awesome!!Will share when its fully ready, but will warn everyone now its gonna be good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by notshy View Post
    Sick ! I'd be game for having a crack at making one of these !
    Ha!there were a few hairy moments when I would have gladly given you mine!!Now its finished and I just need to perfect the mappings!

For anyone wondering,the black buttons on the left bank all the buttons into global banks by changing the midi channel! The green led to the left of the button shows which bank is switched on.
    By holding the shift button(the one underneath the four global bank buttons)I can change the faders and knobs into banks allowing them to be banked seperately!The blue leds to the right of the button show which banks the faders/knobs are on!!
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Quote Originally Posted by sidetrakd View Post
    Finally all the led's are working!!We started at 8 o'clock last an 12 hours later everything works!!
    !
    Post a video mate!!!

We all want to see it in action!!!
    "Dance Dance Dance just being a geek"

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast