Midifighter Extreme!! mod project!! - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    its projects like these that should be featured on the main blog... much more interesting than most the other stuff that gets posted on there (imho)
    +1
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

WoW... This mod was something I was planing on doing when my attic would be ready, you beat me to this punch clearly!

Excellent work man!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by sidetrakd View Post
    ^^^ this!

With our global banks I have access to far more MIDI commands which makes some stuff easier.I've never mapped anything too crazy before and everything was going pretty well until I tried to map some outputs.Turns out even in tp2 everything can be made pop and crackle when working with led outputs
    If i remember str8upDrew made a piece of software to prevent this. Not sure if your aware or not here is the thread:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17497

Havent seen him post in a while though

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    its projects like these that should be featured on the main blog... much more interesting than most the other stuff that gets posted on there (imho)
    Yup it was DIY stuff like this that made me come to this blog in the first place and techy stuff in general not product reviews (not that i don't enjoy reading them. But theirs already so many dj review sites out their)
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Wow this is great! I've got a Midi Fighter Classic on the way right now, and I definitely want to mod it like this at some point. I had wanted a Midi Fighter Pro but none of the configurations really suited me, so I want to build my own. I have a lot of soldering experience and I am a software developer, so it seemed right up my alley. Thanks so much for taking the time on this and customizing the firmware. Subscribed.

Tech Mentor

We finally got around to doing up some schematics and some more photos. As soon as I get around to fixing up sidetrakds website and write up an overview of the firmware changes, we will post more details about what we did and how we did it. Only took half a year longer than expected to get something written up...

Looking forward to it!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by einsteinx2 View Post
    Looking forward to it!
    Just be aware that it might take another half year to actually get those last few bits and pieces ready..

Or, well, I promise I'll have it sometime before Christmas!!

Quote Originally Posted by guywithknife View Post
    Just be aware that it might take another half year to actually get those last few bits and pieces ready..

Or, well, I promise I'll have it sometime before Christmas!!
    Is your custom firmware code available anywhere in the meantime?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by einsteinx2 View Post
    Is your custom firmware code available anywhere in the meantime?
    Yes, I've had it on Github for a few months now - I just never really announced it, though I think I did link to it once or twice.

Also, if you have any specific questions about it, I'll happily answer them.

Quote Originally Posted by guywithknife View Post
    Yes, I've had it on Github for a few months now - I just never really announced it, though I think I did link to it once or twice.

Also, if you have any specific questions about it, I'll happily answer them.
    Awesome! Just took a look, thanks for keeping it well commented!

I won't be starting work on my project for a little while, but thanks for being open for questions. I'm sure I'll have some once I get in the thick of it.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast