Mix out ! Mix out NOW!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mix out ! Mix out NOW!

Anyone else have this?

On the way to work I listen to recently DL'd tracks to familiarise myself with them and work out which ones go together. Pretty soon I'm crusing down the highway, zoning out to the grooves when suddenly I get this jump of adrenaline and my brain says "Got to mix out! Mix out now!"

It's like I can't listen to a track these days without having to DJ it. Mix tapes are fine as someone usually does mix out before I get the angst, it's the full versions of tracks with the run-in and run-outs that get me.

Yeah, well, maybe I'm just strange.

Well, I tend to have it every once in a while, not too much though.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I find it hard to not listen to music and think "Where would I drop the beat? Where's the break down? What would fit after this, or before?" I completely understand.

DJing has changed the way I approach music as a casual listener. Not sure if it's a good thing.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Since I only got back into it recently, and listening to so many mixes and full tracks (my digital collection has gone from 0 to 250 in 1 month) I am finding more and more that when a dj just lets it run and fades them accross towards the end that i just want to scream I hate hearing the dead bit at the end of the tracks..

So yeah i think thats the same.

With Digital though its so hard to stop looking for new tracks.. its like ive come to an endless sea of good music, I can't stop browsing all day and downloading tracks, rating them in traktor pro..

I find that after a while, I'm not even listening to the music anymore. I've got samples, basslines, new synths etc going on in my head. I'm cutting up the vox. heh. People get weirded out when i break a song down in my head while it's still pumping 4/4. sometimes i even convert a song into schafflebeat (3/4) in my head. live mental reeeeemiiiiix
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

I like everyone else here have to same problem. It's got to the point that even if I am listening to metal I am think. "Can I remix this song, then put it into one of my mixes?" I don't mind it too much.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

It happens to me too, even when I start listening to some other kind of music, I find myself using traktor after 10 minutes.
    Music is communication, as any other form of creation.
    SoundCloud
    MBP 13", Traktor Pro, Presonus Firebox, Numark Stealth, Akai MPD-18, Behringer speakers.

Agreed. I always end up whistling new synth lines and tapping out beats. Thinking of good tracks to blend with and so on. Oh well

Yeah, but every once in awhile, maybe once, twice a year, I find that perfect track. Beautifully mixed in and out with a variety of sounds, just long enough for me to squeeze my set's bathroom break! (I drink too much coffee)
    hahahahah
    AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile 2.0GHz, 4GB Ram, BCD-3000, WinXP(Pro)-SP2, Traktor Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RSDJMoniker View Post
    I find that after a while, I'm not even listening to the music anymore. I've got samples, basslines, new synths etc going on in my head. I'm cutting up the vox. heh. People get weirded out when i break a song down in my head while it's still pumping 4/4. sometimes i even convert a song into schafflebeat (3/4) in my head. live mental reeeeemiiiiix
    Now this is happening to me as long as I seem to remember.
    Glad I'm not alone on this one.
    Last edited by tekki; 01-18-2009 at 02:38 PM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast