New laptop problems

Default New laptop problems

Hello everyone on the internets, just seeing if anyone can help me with a problem. I got a new hp laptop and have been having cpu spikes while mixing. I dont know why this is happeneing. Maybey a install problem or conflicting programs. Thanks guys also im on windows 7, and traktor pro 1
    VCI 100, Akia mpd16, oxygen 8 v1 Dell LAt., traktor

Tech Guru

sounds like you have too much running in the background.

check the system tray by your clock and see what icons are there, shut off things you dont need.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Wizard

Start by disabling WiFi, Bluetooth, Infrared etc. Then (as xtianw suggests) move through your System tray and close anything that doesn't look useful.

Depending on your aptitude with computers (read: how brave/good at guessing you are), you could run 'msconfig' and untick un-needed programs under the Startup tab.

Stuff that's totally useless for example would be: quicktime updater, java updater, adobe updater, itunes updater. And basically anything else with reference to "auto-update".

It's also an idea to go into your Programs and Features (inside Control Panel) and start uninstalling all the useless pre-installed junk that HP loves to throw on its systems.

Good luck!