Traktor scratch Pro 2 with audio 8?
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor scratch Pro 2 with audio 8?

Few questions with regard to Traktor scratch Pro 2 and using it with audio 8;

Firstly, I can see on the Native Instruments website if you are already a registered owner of TSP1 you can do a software only upgrade to TSP2. I don't have funds right now to do a full upgrade so this option would be ideal for now. So...

Are there any issues with using TSP2 with an audio 8? Or is it a case of download and away I go?

Can I still use all the sample decks if I use an audio 8 or do I require the extra 2 outputs to utilise all the sample deck features?

If it is possible to use all the sample decks how are they routed? Can the 2 main decks be routed to 2 channels on the mixer and the sample decks be routed to 2 separate channels on the mixer?

Is it also possible to route everything to just 2 channels on the mixer? i.e. left deck and left sample decks to 1 channel on the mixer and same with the right deck and right sample decks?

Can all my existing midi mappings be imported into TSP2? If so I'm guessing you have to get rid of any mappings for decks C & D and remap how you want the sample decks to work right?

If I download and install TSP2 is it possible to keep TSP1 and use it for gigs that I have coming up while I get to grips with TSP2 and all its features in my own time?

If I think of any more questions I'll ask but for now, thanks for any help

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    Few questions with regard to Traktor scratch Pro 2 and using it with audio 8;

Firstly, I can see on the Native Instruments website if you are already a registered owner of TSP1 you can do a software only upgrade to TSP2. I don't have funds right now to do a full upgrade so this option would be ideal for now. So...

Are there any issues with using TSP2 with an audio 8? Or is it a case of download and away I go?

Can I still use all the sample decks if I use an audio 8 or do I require the extra 2 outputs to utilise all the sample deck features?

If it is possible to use all the sample decks how are they routed? Can the 2 main decks be routed to 2 channels on the mixer and the sample decks be routed to 2 separate channels on the mixer?

Is it also possible to route everything to just 2 channels on the mixer? i.e. left deck and left sample decks to 1 channel on the mixer and same with the right deck and right sample decks?

Can all my existing midi mappings be imported into TSP2? If so I'm guessing you have to get rid of any mappings for decks C & D and remap how you want the sample decks to work right?

If I download and install TSP2 is it possible to keep TSP1 and use it for gigs that I have coming up while I get to grips with TSP2 and all its features in my own time?

If I think of any more questions I'll ask but for now, thanks for any help
    1) Shouldn't be an issue
    2) Yes, there is only one extra in/out pair, intended to use with send fx or sample an external source.
    3) Yes
    4) Yes
    5) Yes
    6) Yes

Tech Guru

Thank you.