Bpm Transitions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bpm Transitions

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    If there is a full cut of silence that can be the best time to reset the tempo, especially if it's just a small difference of a few percent.
    This if there's a long break down with not much of a beat going on it's a real good time to bump the BPM up and you can get away with quite a bit, especially of there's a build up going on anyway.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Also, one of my preferred techniques is to get a long transition on a break down (possibly for a double drop which works AWESOME) where I'll switch the master tempo to the new song and slowly start pulling up the tempo of the older track. This creates a really awesome tempo change that goes great with energy changes on bass lines.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I personally agree. I don't like keylock and 128 - 125, you do loose some magic in the song at its original recording.

I just wouldn't go from 125 to 128 with out manually nudging the 125 up to 126.5 and the 128 track down to 126.5 and meeting in the middle. Once the the 128 track (at 126.5) has been mixed in, i would then nudge speed it up or do on a breakdown or even just at the end of the 8/16 bars as long as there a change in the song itself.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Also, MixedInKey did a great breakdown of when you actually start hearing key changes. I believe it was somewhere around 3.3%. Beyond that the average listener, with no keylock, will barely notice a change, if at all.

And people need more drastic tempo changes. They are for the win.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

and the T3 Delay Freeze!

thats a classic
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Convert

Thank goodness for internet forums. You guys have provided a lot of sound information I can work with. I've just spent 10 hours today practicing. I'm going to bed to rest up for another 10 tomorrow. Key lock,bpm,tempo faaadeeee...zzz

Nicely!

Thats how i feel everyday after coming on DJTT.

"Booya....more skills!"
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    and the T3 Delay Freeze!

thats a classic
    oh and THIS ^ like a mo fo
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12