Traktor Pro 2 Sync Reset
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Pro 2 Sync Reset

.... Been searching, couldn't find topic relating to it directly.

When i used to load a track, i used to double tap the sync button on my X1 as a short cut to matching the tempo, as in the tempo's used to match and stay there, but I'd do the actual sync by ear. Traktor 2 however, resets the sync'ed tempo when it's deselected, major annoyance! NI, won't respond to the tickets.... sigh, anyone think of a way round this?

Rye

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Is it only on the X1 ? ... Sure there's not a missing (or added) modifier somewhere if the button is used for something else ?

Sync shouldn't reset if its deselected.

*edit, sorry didnt see it was T2
    Last edited by deevey; 04-08-2011 at 05:49 PM.

i hadnt searched much, so i dont know if its readily available, but i did this with my apc40 too and would definitely like to know if there is a workaround.

edit: it might have been a mapping bonus but basically

if you were at 125bpm, and brought in a track at 126bpm, i could quickly doubletap the sync button i had mapped on the 126bpm track, it would sync to 125, then unsync and keep the bpm at 125. currently, on default TP2 settings, the 126bpm track would sync to 125bpm, and then when you unsync go back to its original 126bpm.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    if you were at 125bpm, and brought in a track at 126bpm, i could quickly doubletap the sync button i had mapped on the 126bpm track, it would sync to 125, then unsync and keep the bpm at 125. currently, on default TP2 settings, the 126bpm track would sync to 125bpm, and then when you unsync go back to its original 126bpm.
    exactly that my friend.... lets hope!

@deevey very good point though mate.... alas i've tried it using normal button presses and mouse clicks with the same result

bump for US morning crowd

Tech Mentor

RTFM. what you want is temposync.

whether using temposync or beatsync, as soon as you click OFF sync, it goes back to the original bpm.

next?

switch the masters... so it stays that way? didnt try it as i dont wanna get outta bed yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

i use it primarily for prepping a track. ideally i would like to load the track, quickly sync the tempo and turn sync off, then play around to find some samples.

i uninstalled my old version of traktor before checking to see if it was the apc40 tsi i got on djtt that was doing the trick.

I just tried this and with temposync on, pressing sync and then turning it off adjusts the BPM and then stays there when turned off.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast