How about that Itch 2.0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default How about that Itch 2.0

Some things I like about serato and some things I don't....File management looks nice compared to traktor, obviously the whole sample deck thing is about the same as TP2.

But now we have itch basically being SSL...so will that make anyone jump ship from traktor to run itch controllers?

I want to hear peoples opinions on this.

Tech Guru

its vaporware. announced for q3. maybe....

this would maybe have made a difference if it had released this week, with that feature set. but all this time, and its still q3 before they get the feature list everyone thinks they should have had a year ago?

sorry, but this isnt going to make a lick of difference for them. whats stupid about this, is that the novation controller will get most of those features, 3 months ahead of everyone else as a minimum because of an exclusive agreement (i mean, the twitch comes out in july, everyone else waits until q3).

the whole thing is stupid. theyd be better off just selling the software already instead of that arcane, dj controller as a dongle business model.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Guru

Haha thats why I was a little bit confused...the twitch will obviously have a new version of the software and it will have the slicer which seems to be a huge draw because its basically ableton style chopping a much simpler layout.

So the itch 2.0 will or won't have slicer? seems like very few controllers could run it unless they are set up exactly like the itch...ie 8/12 pads..

I think the controllers will bring in more users than the software.

I still think that traktor is a better software, but itch seems to have better controllers, save the s4 witch is pretty decent. Right now im torn between these two softwares. I guess we will just half to wait and see how ITCH 2.0 compares to other softwares.

I jumped ship and went 100% Serato SSL for my club gigs, and im looking and selling my Ean Golden VCI-100 to fund the purchase of VCI-300 MK2. Itch 2.0 IMO is going to be the new SSL 2.3 that has internal/external mixing options like TSP.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I think its going to come down to the mapping editor functionality.

If it comes close to emulating the amazing customization possible in Traktor, I think it will be a serious competitor for the controller crowd...

If it remains a stock mapping only type deal, I think that will limit its popularity.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I will say I'm intrigued by that Novation controller.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

^ that would be sweet ---- but they still dont have the right hardware support. The Novation Twitch is a good sign they are starting to think outside the box from a streamlined conventional controller set up. The real deal will be when The Bridge comes and video. I think Serato users are more likey to use ableton with a controller than with two 1200's.

Although the controllers are pretty sweet they are all mid grade controllers --- not in the league of a Xone 4D or the abiliity to use two X1's and a DB:4.

I'm a huge Itch fan, the library management and the gridding system is awesome. We'll see soon. I'm thinking a Beta will be coming in June around the time the NS6 drops.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by exokinetic View Post

If it remains a stock mapping only type deal, I think that will limit its popularity.
    That's actually what the product model is based around. If you are used to using CDJ's and mixer or the case of the NS7 two 1200's and mixer -- you can jump on itch with zero need to map anything and just play. The simpleness of it's use is one of its main selling points.

I think though, as they start to add features like the SP-6 they are going to have to open up the midi functions somehow, but I don't think they'll go the route of Traktor.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast