Maschine + Traktor Q's - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Like any proper Groove Machine I guess, create some track, beats, rifs at home, use/remix them on the fly, add some samplings on the fly, can also be used as sampler, synced with Traktor via MIDI cable to my Traktor computer (S4 or Audio 8).

I also route Traktor Audio in, sometime apply some VST effects. Sometime I also use it to "process" the audio (Limiter, Pre-Emphasis Eqs) & launch some "Audio Clip, ads" on my web live shows.

I use Komplete 7, Deep Freq, The Mouth and a list of VSTs.

Lots of fun, and still learning it.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way?

Maybe I need to figure out how to use ableton and work from there? Man too much stuff, someone needs to lend it all to me for 6 months so I can figure out what works and make a decision..
    VCI 100se l Audio 2 DJ l Traktor Pro l 13" Macbook l

Ableton is good, you can use Maschine within Ableton too. Since Maschine now support VSTs, I no longer use it... or just to warp some tracks.

As you're actually use Traktor, I suggest Maschine... maybe we could see some Mashine/Traktor integration some days... if so you'll have everything.

Hmm Yeah well I know my way around Traktor and it's taken me a while to do so, so changing programs may not be the best of plans. But I'm thinking that the Maschine is the way to go, especially for production stuff as well. With the mashes that I make I'm always tapping away on my desk with a beat in my head that would work and I can never find and/or make one that sounds as good as the one in my head.

I'm thinking that if nothing else Maschine would be great for that.

Cheers for your help bro!

Ok, this just popped in to my head. What's the go with soundcards etc for this?

How does it go at a live gig? Usually I just rock up to the club with my VCI-100 and my Audio 2 and plug in to their mixer, I'm guessing this would be the same deal?

Is the Audio 2 suitable or will I need to upgrade?

Thanks!

One day or another you may need to record some audio sample... you're a bit stuck with the Audio 2 huh?

Audio 6 gives you more than you need, 1 output for Traktor, 1 Output for Maschine and 1 Headphone output + some input. From there you can even route Traktor output into Maschine or the way around and still have some spare input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12