Can you make traktor update a text file
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Default Can you make traktor update a text file

Does anybody know of a way to get Traktor to update the now playing info to a local text file on my computer? This thread over at NI eludes to it being possible.

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=94911

I've tried PM'ing DiscoNova, but never heard back so I thought I would ask the collective over here. The reason I want it is so that when I use Nicecast I don't have to copy and paste new track info each time I change the song. Any thoughts?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Probably the easiest solution is to use Traktor broadcast facility, then re-route the IceCast server to NiceCast? I know it's possible, how to... I don't
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

I'm going to play around with icecast today.
    Chris Jennings FHP

PM DiscoNova again, he was very helpful when I was facing the same issue. Or post on the NI forum in one of the discussions where it came up and he had responded. It's possible he didn't notice he had a new PM but I'm sure he'll help you out. I don't know if his solution works with Traktor 2 though...

Yeah that's my next plan of attack.
    Chris Jennings FHP

You can do it using the Icecast method but you'll have to endure a delay between the time the track loads in Traktor and the it outputs the track title / artist name.

The other way to do it would be to use the script I'm writing in AHK (thanks to the great work being done in this thread: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...852#post269852).

I want to create a text file that overwrites the current text file in that location so it will change the currently playing track that Nicecast broadcasts out to the radio stations server. This will update the now playing track on the stations website. I'm mac only though so AHK won't work for me.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I want to create a text file that overwrites the current text file in that location so it will change the currently playing track that Nicecast broadcasts out to the radio stations server. This will update the now playing track on the stations website. I'm mac only though so AHK won't work for me.
    Might work for me though - I tried the Icecast to nicecast routing when I first started out on Purple Radio and it was an utter utter pig. Didn't help that I'm on a PC.

I understand that they can't distribute the mp3 libraries to encode the playing tracks to a mp3 compatible stream, but it surely can't be that hard to get shoutcast working natively in some way ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers